1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Dobbs - He's back!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KMM, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s the first guy I looked at because I was picking guys I thought would be there after the first. I like him and definitely get the Ben comparisons. A big knock against him is his mobility but I saw a guy that moves enough to avoid the sack and still make the play. He’s not going to take off and run for a bunch of yards but as long as he can avoid a sack, that’s what counts. He’s not rattled by pressure either which is a very strong quality in a QB, that’s why I don’t think Mason will be anything more than a back up, he’s terrible under pressure, graded out dead last.

Chris Simms evaluated him and wasn’t very kind, though. The thing that stuck out the most to me was that he said he basically made the same throws all season, he wasn’t asked to do a lot, bunch of fades and wheel routes. Is that just because that’s what the coach likes to run or because Trask wasn’t capable of more.

What I saw on film though is a guy that throws a nice ball, accurate, some really nice touch passes, plays under center and shot gun, runs good play action and really try’s to sell it.

I think it’s an ideal situation to draft a QB now and let them learn for a year or if Ben is hurt down the stretch, maybe they still have a shot with a rookie.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I caught up on him a bit this weekend. Really like the accuracy and pocket poise. Big knock seems to be his mobility, but clips I showed him shuffling L/R as needed at times. Reports make it seem like he won't do well with NFL pass rushes.

3. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Probably keep him around to mimic Lamar Jackson for the defense at practices because God knows Ben can't lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    basically made the same throws all season

that’s too bad, but it’s still one more than Chris Simms

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m having a hard time getting excited about Dobbs being back since I didn’t know he was “gone”.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And would not want him 2.