1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Love

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Steel4Blood, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Alot of Mocks have him going in the late 1st round, but i have seen a couple with him falling into the mid 2nd round.
    I watch alot of college football, so im usually pretty well informed and have a good idea how i feel about a player during the draft process.
    I admit though that Jordan Love is one of the few players projected to go in the 1st that i havnt seen a single game from.
    Its highly unlikely, but if he does fall to us in the 2nd is he worth a look at? I read he is raw but has a ton of arm talent and is very mobile.
    If he fell to us is he worth taking a shot on and effectively giving up on Rudolf?
    Looking for some input on the guy.

2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Don't know anything about the kid other than what's on his stat sheet. Only played 3 years in college and threw a lot of picks this past season. I know a lot can go into that, and I'm not a big stats guy when it comes to grading players and units, so he might have some intangibles that his numbers don't show.

I just don't see them getting rid of Rudolph unless there is a major shakeup at the top of our coaching tree. Tomlin isn't going to get rid of Rudolph.

The other fly in the ointment is Ben. We will know a little more about the qb landscape in February when he gets his first official rehab assessment. As long as he is on schedule to come back, I can't see the organization bringing in another project or unproven commodity at qb.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sounds like he could be in the adult film business. Joking. I have seen him a couple of times. Ok, nothing special. I still like the kid from Hawaii. Cole McDonald. :cool:

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Pittsburgh is not looking for a QB in the 2020 Draft. Mason has already been declared the number 2. Besides, giving up on Mason after one season would be very shortsighted and unfair.

2021 is the earliest in which the team will look for another QB assuming Mason simply is not the guy. 2020 is too early.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Reminds me of Jason Campbell, the skins 1st round draft pick in 05 who never made it big, played 9 years and bounced around on 5 teams mostly as a backup left the league in 2014.......

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With Ben R is due 32 million/year for next 2 years
    how do the Steelers pick a QB other than the ones they currently have on their roster?

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  9. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    That is what I am thinking.... skip all QBs, keep drafting D and OL and a sprinkle of skilled players, so 2021 when we go QB ( FA or draft) he steps into a good situation.

• Agree Agree x 1