1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Porter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CaBurghfan, Oct 21, 2011.

1. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Is only 34 years old????? I know it wasn't THAT long ago, but it seems like he played with Brister and Lipps 20 years ago..... :roflmao:

There's an article on PFT today about how he knows he's getting old at 34. I just thought it was funny. But, I guess it was 8-10 years ago that he was in his "prime" with us..........

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    34? Pfft. Kid.

But then, 34 is 60 in LB years. (so what does that make Farrior? :eek: )

I remember when Joey was just a kid with promise. It doesn't feel like he's been around "forever" to me. Odd, that. It feels like Troy has been around forever to me though, and he hasn't been here nearly as long as Joey.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Was Joey not on the line with Kirkland at one point? Or am I making this up?

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    His rookie year, and the first year he started ('99 and 2000), yes. Levon was still here.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can remember when we couldn't hold onto players after 4yrs and now we are holding on to players way past their prime.

6. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Great memory of Porter when he went to the Ratbird's team bus and challenged Ray Lewis to come out and fight. Joey also was throw out of a game in Cleveland before the game started for starting a fight.

7. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

Ha ha i was at that game in cleveland. I dont remember the clowns players name but i remember he was a RB (william green maybe?) Anyways a stains fan in front of me was excited porter got thrown out. I reminded him him we were the better team with greater depth and we wouldnt need Porter to win, but they would need their starting RB and all the help they could get. He left by the start of the fourth quarter because the clowns were getting stomped