1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Porter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    With Mahomes at QB I think half that menu is to plan his dinner after the game, those decisions are not to be taken lightly.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Coryell, Schottenheimer, Norv, maybe.......the others had to have been pre Don Coryell. What was the offensive innovator, might have been their first head coach back when they had Bambi. Can't think of his name.

3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The issue is there is no one. Everything has to work out for Tomlin to win. He isnt good at X's and O's and having his team ready. He has major issues in those areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Someone mentioned Jim Harbaugh as a possible coaching candidate. Please God, no. I can't stand that little twerp. If Tomlin was the worst coach in all of professional sports of all time, I wouldn't want that little creep here for all the whiskey in Ireland. That, and I don't think he is any good as a HC anyway. He caught lightning in a bottle in SF and has been perfectly dreadful at Michigan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Sid Gillman

6. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    That's him, thank you. Could've looked it up, didn't want to cheat, lol.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    They also threw in Bobby Ross

8. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I forgot about him, wasn't he the guy that looked like he might have been a boxer at one time? Looked like he had his nose broken more than once. They ran Marty out of town, and one could argue he was the best head coach they ever had.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, Bobby Ross was a tank commander in the army. He went to the Lions after Chargers. The Choker brain trust fired Marty after going 14-2!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I posted about Munchak's lack of success as head coach and the his mediocre stats of his OL while here (and apparently following in Denver). That does not disqualify him as HC material, yet being the the league so many years, with so many openings makes one wonder why no one else has ever given him the opportunity. I have no idea if he has ever even been interviewed, but just as some fantastic coordinators make lousy HC's, the same is true for a position coach. Some just do not interview well, while others just do not have the talent necessary to be that top person.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Harbaugh?? That dude is bat crap crazy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Noll played oline. Wishful thinking i guess.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Love to see him own Johnny in the AFCN, tired of hearing about that special teams coach. It's a personal problem on my end.

14. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    If the Steelers fired Tomlin he would be the hottest commodity in the 2021 coaching search. I don't agree with some of his coaching decisions like letting the clock run before the half yesterday, but all in all he is a very good coach.