1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Porter arrested?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Jan 8, 2017.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    True but he could still throw down. He was actually the best cooler in the business.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm pretty sure his job isn't to be confrontational either. I've also heard him refered to a bouncer as well as a doorman. Could be semantics, every bouncer I have seen works the door as well. He's not a doorman of an apartment building for crying out loud. But whatever his title is, his job is not to start trouble.

How he should have handled the situation is exactly how I described in my previous post.

One of the witnesses was right across he street and witnessed the whole thing.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wade Garret is the best.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    "Bouncer" maybe. "Cooler" definitely not. One needs a degree in philosophy to be that. Which Dalton has. Wade Garrett mostly only got to bounce in dumps that had signs over urinals that said "Pleases Do Not Eat Thin White Mints". Wade was certainly a legend though. I mean he beat down Terry Funk.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What time did this happen? I thought it was pretty early? He must be a lightweight or he was dropping some serious shots.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

9:30 PM. He must have been on quite a bender as soon as he got to his car.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The best damn cooler in the business.

8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ed Bouchette said on XM that Porter's main task was the rotating of the LB'ers. The Steelers aren't doing that now anyway. Butler was a LB coach and Osalvsky is there as well. I am guessing that Porter's absence won't cause a drop-off in the play of the backers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    One of the radio shows on 93.7 the fan today said that another bar's doorman witnessed everything and said that Joey was treated unfairly. They also alluded to this particular police officer having a history of false arrest and other issues.

Regardless, Joey's a damn fool for being in this position at all.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Some guys are good football players because they are great athletes who can turn on a switch, and become violent on the field.
    Some guys are just violent a-holes who are also great athletes.
    Guess which one I think Joey is?

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Go to bars enough and you'll run into some power hungry bouncer who just wants to fight. In my younger years I had no problem engaging with those idiots and found myself in plenty of fights. Now I know what I need to day and say in order to avoid a fight. That might mean I don't get to go into the bar, but so be it. I'm a grown ass man, just like Porter, I know how to avoid getting into fights.

I don't care how he was treated by that bouncer, he should have walked away

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No doubt. Probably cost him his coaching career.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    All of this.

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Bernie Lootz came to mind

15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    According to the police report the bouncer/doorman is 6'0" @ 195lbs and had his hands in his pockets, never raised his voice and told Joey you're not getting in please leave. Joey grabbed him and picked him up. Several black males were with Joey and kept telling the officer " we got him"..... They were probably trying to calm Joey down and keep the officer from arresting him.

I've never been there, been told it's a bar/club for 20 yr olds as that's most of their patrons and Joey being almost 40, married with 4 kids, public figure being a Steeler Coach should not have been there, nothing good was going to happen, especially being drunk.

I am curious as to who were the " black males" that were with him..... Hope it wasn't players

Cajun

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm curious to know who was with him, as well. If they were players, I'm sure the organization knows and they were given a very stern talking to.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    As said earlier
    if players were there
    Joey took the heat
    he started the commotion so they could get away
    Yay Joey!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Does anyone else think Joey had a hand in our linebackers coming around this year?

19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Middle backer coach Olsavsky has a lot to do with that success, our middle is the strength of this linebacking corp.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Porter should just buy the bar and fire the bouncer.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    IIRC Porter filed for bankruptcy, hanging out in Vegas too much. He probably got into coaching cause he needed the money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hire Kevin Greene to replace Porter next season.

23. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Depends on how the entourage travels... Sound like his hometown behavior to me, thought he was past it all, but either way he's earned it and has been treated unfairly here. But, if you've earned it... Expect the mistreatment and keep on moving.

He's gotten into too much ish hanging with the homies... Hope he figures it out, he's a good dude with a great fam.

24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    93.7 the Fan's Starky & Mueller show said today he was going to meet his former Steeler teammates and one current Steeler. Also that he may not have even had a drink yet. Apparently the doorman said, "last time you were here you threatened to kill me so you can't come in".

Who knows what really happened? I'm just passing along what I heard on the radio the last couple days.

• Like Like x 1
  25. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1