1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Porter arrested?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Jan 8, 2017.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it's one of my all time favorites.

2. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah he smacked a CA State Trooper's hand at a traffic stop once. I don't know if that charge stood or not but he definitely has a prior history of belligerence with cops. I wonder if when they hauled him away he yelled "Black and Gold Lives Matter!!!" LOL!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    He is way better than Pacman

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    The story goes that he knocked on the Ravens bus to get Ray Lewis to come out and fight him after Lewis mocked his celebration move. I read an interview once where Porter was denying it, but there were many reports saying it happened. I thought it was awesome. Ray Lewis was all pious after that game saying things like 'I told Joey I'd pray for him. He hasn't done anything in this league etc...'.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was the doorman a Bengal fan??? WTH, denying him access because of something he "allegedly" said the last time. If you didn't want to let him in because he was drunk, thats fine but not because you have an ax to grind. Sounds like there was some instigating going on by that doorman.

Not excusing Porter, he's totally wrong and had no business putting his hands on him or the police officer. Sounds like he was very inebriated. Won't be surprised if he's gone after the season. He's a coach and needs to be much more responsible and smarter than this.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    What an idiot...not great news to see in the morning. Were any players involved or did we at least get lucky there?

Is Kevin Greene coaching anywhere? I don't see Porter being back with us next year tbh.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd say his agent's phone has been blowing up this morning with Cincy management offering him a multi year multi billion dollar deal. LOL!

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He was in Green Bay but I think he decided to step down from coaching to help coach his son personally.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    cool did not know that...

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah he was trying to help his son get a scholarship. I'd love to have him too though because he's one of my favorite Steelers of all time. He was a great coach in GB and he's also a stand up guy that's not gonna be out acting a fool.

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I saw the city dropped the terroristic threat charge...

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Stupid is as stupid does. Get rid of him.

14. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    He'll have this reduced to a misdemeanor. Grabbing a person and not actually hurting anyone is not going to get a felony charge from any jury unless you have a history. Porter has a witness saying he was instigated. Porter has $ to defend him self. He's got plenty of charity work and a history of being a productive citizen that will make a DA go soft on him. If the DA tries to make a name for him self Porter's lawyers could easily get a reduced charge from a jury. This will be plea bargained down to disorderly and public drunkenness is my guess.

Luckily for Joey he's not a poor black guy. So he'll actually get a fair chance to defend him self.

It's going to cost him professionally though. I suspect he'll be let go in the off season. Good luck getting a job coaching again. Maybe the Arena league will take him. NFL network. Not sure if he's a big enough thug for the Bengals.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Unreal. One question though is if he really threatened to kill a dude then shouldn't a complaint have been filed then? I'd say that will come down to a he said she said but if that's on record he could be in real serious trouble right here. I think he will be in trouble anyway if he was that hardcore against the cops.

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Why is this place still in business? Get the f out of town. Same place Wiz got in trouble. Way to kill your business 101.

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Wiz? As in Ken Whisenhunt?

18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    The rapper

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh. I was wondering how I could have not known that Whiz ever was arrested. The other guy I full admit to never having heard of though. LOL!

20. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Joey just needs to go away! He didn't even make a good cheerleader on the sidelines. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  22. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I really don't get your first paragraph.

Porter was obviously already drunk which is in itself enough reason for the doorman to deny him access into the Bar. Also it seems equally obvious that Porter has a history there and since he previously threatened to kill the doorman ( which is a crime ) so the doorman was doing his job by filtering patrons who are obviously drunk and disorderly!

Cajun

23. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Blaming the business... Bar.... Is like blaming the gun and not the one pulling the trigger

Cajun

24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Go read their reviews on yelp. Denying people entry and racist ****. Place will make money off the Steelers games then do that? I say boycott them. This all happened because a bouncer was in his feelings. Porter probably doesn't even remember the guy.

25. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    looks like Porter will be going to Arizona as DC