1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Porter accused of scuffling with Chiefs player by the hater media

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shadowmaker, Jan 16, 2017.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I saw it this morning. It looked like Peezy may have been trying to keep a spat from happening between Mitchell and AB and Mitchell didn't know when to shut up. Although Tomlin coming in at the end wondering what the crap is going on is hilarious to me for some reason. He just looks totally blindsided and dumbfounded. LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. shadowmaker

Nov 3, 2011
    Looks like Peters and AB were talking and then Mitchell came up. Dont know what was said but Golden wasnt happy and Berry got involved too.

4. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    not sure what started it but definitely looked like peezy was trying to separate the participants (among others including heyward)

appears that putting porter in the headlines is clickbait more than anything.

Maybe Goodell will make a rule preventing asst coaches from being on the field after the game

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    See, this is what a bad rep gets you. There is no scuffle. Joey appears to be trying to calm Mitchell down and defuse a situation. But since he has a bad rep, everyone sees him as being aggressive. He wasn't. At all.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    AB did/said something to annoy Peters and Mitchell...must have been the game clinching first down...

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Breaking News: This just in ....Joey Porter spotted clubbing fur seals in the Arctic Circle....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, when I first heard this this morning I was absolutely ready to fire Peezy before the AFCCG. But after watching it, it's much ado about nothing. Porter didn't "scuffle" with a Chiefs player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    who is the guy in the ski cap who came in at the end? - that's a big dude. made all the players look small.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Cam Heyward came in at the end, he was wearing the Steelers cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    AB and Peters were getting REALLY chippy during the game. I was afraid AB was gonna wind up drawing a Kelce style flag really. So there was probably some stuff connected to that. Although Peters does try and get with AB at the very end and genuinely seems to me that he's trying to be as sportsmanlike as possible. Probably just the stakes being so high and testosterone and adrenaline just compounding that fact.

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Joey Porter spotted hacking the interwebs with group of Russians in Monroeville.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It does look like at the very end that Peezy got annoyed but obviously the emotions were high in that initial moment too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He shouldn't be clubbing. Obviously bad things happen. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup, looked like Mitchell was being an A-hole.

Although some jack-ass was yelling "Peezy!" for some reason....

16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Exactly, the video I saw even showed Tomlin at the very end looking like he was involved, albeit from the outside coming in. Chiefs couldn't get it done on the field and wanted to go all MMA.

17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    He didn't scuffle with a player. Go find the whole video

18. shadowmaker

Nov 3, 2011
    I titled the post like I saw it and was trying to post it and analyze it at the same time. :icon redface::blackeye:

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Does it actually exist? I was actually curious about that because it looked like it was recorded on someone's phone and they didn't start til in the middle of the whole thing. It's like when Walter tells Donnie that he's like a child that wanders in to a theater.

20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Yes it exists. I believe it was captured by espn. I just watched it this evening.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh cool. I'm gonna see if I can find it. Hate to have to given espn any traffic though. LOL! I actually despise them.

22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Here you go.

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh yeah I had seen that one. I thought you were saying there was a longer one that actually showed it from start to finish. I did find a KC fansite that has a video from like their press box or something but it's such a wide shot that it's hard to make out anything that's going on on the actual field with so many people down there walking around. After watching that twitter video a lot though you can tell that Tomlin comes in wondering what is going on and is actually looking at Mitchell saying "Hey bro. Hey bro." Like wondering what the deal is and then it starts to escalate again and the video cuts off. Sort of a tease really. Where is AB's phone when you actually need it? LOL!

24. shadowmaker

Nov 3, 2011
    That version is in the link I posted too.

25. Guest

Guest Guest

It looks to me like Peters was just trying to get to Antonio to congratulate him on a good game and shake his hand. Mitchell, however, looked like he was trying to start chit.

I dunno... Maybe they both just wanted to give Antonio a kiss. :lolol:

Regardless, Cam was having none of it. Good on him. :applaud:

I don't know what Berry was planning to do. Stick his foot up their ass? :shrug:

• Like Like x 1