1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Flacco Starting for the Jets

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I'd rather have Andy Reid's record in the last 10 years than Tomlins in the last 10 years

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    this is not something I’ll be telling my grandkids about.

Useless stat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And everyone, and their Grandparents would take His Qb.
    Again Andy Reid was Tomlin's b!+ch before Andy Reid got Mahomes.
    Don't believe Me go look.

4. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Don't worry too much about the jets. You better hope the Steelers beat the Browns. Because they are all fired up to ruin our playoff chances--- and Mike Tomlins win streak.

• Like Like x 1
  5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I believe in Flacco. He may be our veteran backup next season. Lol

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Might be Flaccos last ride today. So hopefully he goes out with a win.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Tomlin had a hall of fame QB for years. Don't forget that

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And has Won just as many SB as Andy Reid...in 8 less years....Don't forget that.
    Andy Reid has been a HC for 24 years, and Has one SB win....Don't forget that.

9. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I haven't forgotten anything. I only said I would take his results in the last few years over Tomlin. Tomlin has had Ben from the start of his coaching career. I'm willing to bet that Reid has a much better chance of winning a super bowl much sooner than Tomlin. In my view Tomlin has squandered a huge amount of talent over his career. I think his coaching act has run its course. If the coach doesn't make a difference just give him a lifetime contract and bask in no losing season forever

10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    before it’s all said and done, Reid will be sitting on two or three.

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe P. Mahomes is the best Qb in the league...., but.....
    We shall see. I do believe I heard the same about A. Rodgers....How many has He got???
    The future is a devious thing....it doesn't go the way We always think it will.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Way off on this one. I think Flacco was inflicting some revenge on the Steelers. Wow, just awful.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well....not I , but I sure know a bunch that think McNabb was a great Qb, and M. Vick, and Andy won nothing with them.
    So yes now A. Reid has the absolute best(not top Qb), but the best Qb in the league.....I sure hope He wins some .
    I'm a huge .....Huge Ben Roethlisberger fan, but at No time was He the best Qb in the league.
    P. Mahomes is right now. So if they don't win multiple SB with Him.....what does that say about A. Reid???:shrug:

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    knocking Steelers out sounds like Wacko Flacco’s Revenge to me.

15. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Ben was a hall of fame QB. One of the best playing in his prime. The talent around him was more than good enough to win a couple super bowls. Tomlin is NOT a great coach. He has surrounded himself with sup par assistants and has refused to move on from them. How many super bowls has Tomlin won since that first so long ago? How many playoff wins do we have in the last six years. Look just give Tomlin a lifetime contract and look forward to winning season after winning season then. That's the point right? Not to win the super bowl but just not have a losing season. A hall of fame QB in his prime. Lots of talent and we still don't have multiple super bowl wins under Tomlin. I guess we should just be happy with no losing seasons and continue forward. I'm good with that if that's your goal. So onward we go. If not having losing seasons is your goal then we're happy. We have that.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So in all of that My friend....You agree. While Ben was,and is a HOF Qb, and I Love Him as a Steeler.....He was never the best Qb in the league.
    While on the other hand...Patrick Mahomes is THE Best Qb in the league, and maybe the best Qb ever....let's see what ole A. Reid does with it. Shall We???

17. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    way to early to call him the best ever. All I'm saying is if you have a QB like Ben you should be able to win more than Tomlin has that's all. Reid has provided a system in which Mahones can thrive. It's all part of being a team. We don't have that kind of coach.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OK ....1st He may not be the greatest of all time, but We shall see, but You dang sure know He is the best damn Qb in the league the last 3 years, and right now. Hell the only people that don't believe that is Bills, and Bengals fans..., and deep in their minds they know the truth. LoL
    Also are You honestly saying if Mahomes was on this team We would be competing. Hell we went 7-2 down the stretch with a Rookie Qb, and the youngest Offense in the league.

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Uh...I think Brady is slightly better overall than Mahomes at this point. Mahomes has 1...Brady has 7. Just sayin'

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I didn't say that at all. I thought we would finish at 8 - 9 so I was one game off. So I had pretty realistic expectations of this season. If you look at the talent that Ben had around him we should have won more with him as our QB. That's all I'm saying. Tomlin had Ben in his prime for most of his tenure with the Steelers. I have no idea what is so hard to see that. Yet this team has consistently underperformed during Tomlin's tenure here. I'm done with this conversation. You aren't going to convince me otherwise and I will not convince you that it's time for Tomlin to go. So be it. On we go to more years with no losing records.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ben doesn't make the team whole team.........I don't know why that's so hard to see.
    Again Mahomes is the best Qb in the league....Why hasn't He won a SB every year.
    A. Rodgers was one of the best Qbs in the league....Why has He only won one SB, and never been to another.
    P. Manning has been considered one of the greatest.....Why did he only win two.
    It's not easy.....that's the answer.