1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Burrows

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Joel Ritenour, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Joel Ritenour

Joel Ritenour Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2019
    I am watching LSU tonight. If the Steelers need to trade number one draft pics for the next 10 years, they need the first pic in the draft so that Burrows can be the Steelers quarterback for the next 15 years.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I said keep an eye on this kid 5 years ago.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Yeah.... no.

Cincy is likely locked on to Joe Burrow as Tua is out for an extended period of time. This is not even accouting for the fact that Joe is an Ohio Native either. Both him and Cincy go hand in hand.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed you did.

Speaking of draft stock though... Grant Delpit... just.. :puking 3:

What the heck happened?!?!

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This.

6. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Burrows looks good but keep in mind that he couldn’t get on the field at Ohio State. So, he may be very good or he may be benefiting from a system. Either way, you simple do not mortgage your entire future on an unknown. Remember the QB from USC that played with Bush? There have been so many great ones that bust. And if you have him for 10 years he’ll be dead in three after the O line deteriorates over the next few years. Our priority for the next couple drafts will be to bolster the aging line. Our LT looked like a turnstile Thursday.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Burrows is a one year wonder, he was average last year.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Not a college football person at all but my daughter-in-law is an LSU grad and my son and her live in La. Big time LSU fans so I joined in. Sure as hell would love that QB under center for us. He'll go in the first round after, I hope, leading LSU to a National Championship.

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

He also did not have Joe Brady at the time either. Having the right coaching staff can do wonders for any QB. For further reference, ask Lamar Jackson.

Trust is all that is needed. Belief the same. Randy possess neither.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I dont think next year is the year for the Steelers to take QB. Ben is back and we have 2 very capable backups in the room in Rudolph and Duck.

I'd say that we even will be in the boat of signing a QB after Ben retires rather than drafting one. A game manager type that can get us wins while we get carried by our 3 all pro defenders Watt, Fitzpatrick, and Bush (in a perfect world) lol

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Ugh every year you hear this. Quarterback X who's eligible for the draft next year is the gonna be the next greatest just wait and see. And then they're in the NFL and do nothing. Just because they look good in college doesn't necessarily mean anything. Look at Mason Rudolph for instance.

12. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I really like Burrow. But if I'm Cinncy I trade that pick, pick up two extra 1st's and draft Herbert.

That's assuming Burrow goes first, which I believe he will.

I think Washington, TB, Chicago, and the Chargers are players for that first pick.

And I'm calling it now, it could be the Chargers. They need to make a splash in L.A. They aren't doing well there.

Plus, Rivers is just about done.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Trade tuitt, Conner and McDonald for the first pick. Draft burrows. Add some speed and big uglies.:cool:

14. Randy Goodman

Randy Goodman New Member

Nov 28, 2019
    Maybe or he could be one of the greats.

15. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I like Burrows. I have since he was at Ohio State. I have a friend of mine who is a really big Cincy fan and an Ohio University grad. He was telling me about Burrow when the kid was still in HS. How he was going to be the next great OSU QB etc.. Now Haskins happened and he went to LSU, but he has really elevated himself into a really good QB and lived up to the hype my friend was putting on him. I think a southern Ohio boy makes perfect sense for the Bengals. I would really like to see them take him. Then they can focus on adding weapons in FA or in the second and third rounds of the draft.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Interesting, do you think these 3 will get you that pick?

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Throw in berry. :smiley1::cool:

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :roflmao:

19. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    no lol if we are getting the #1 pick for a player, the only ones we have that will get the job done are Watt and Fitzpatrick. That being said, we aren't trading for the #1 pick

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Miami have up fits for our first. They have multiple. You never know what a team might give up that has many holes to fill. Those are three proven starters. Burrows may not be the top pick. :cool:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1