1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JJ wilcox

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Mar 1, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Just heard we are trying to rework his contract to keep him. I for one like this . we have a new coach that could help. I think he should have played more last year. We very well may not draft one. I think they like Malik golden, Wilcox, and Davis and then maybe Allen and Dangerfield. I do think Wilcox has some decent ball skills. Maybe our new coach will fix the tackling situation of all of our dbs. They need it. Thoughts?:cool:

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I thought Wilcox looked like Mike Mitchell except with less coverage skill. I don't understand this move at all.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Just keep him off ST.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Even if they keep Wilcox at a lower salary they still need to draft a safety or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    With the Mitchell release looming and Dangerfield's situation keeping Wilcox makes sense. Still need to upgrade in the draft with hopefully a starter.
    It's ILB and Safety for me as the priority in this draft. If they let Bell walk then running back will be the same priority.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Less coverage skill? Were you watching Mitchell? Zero coverage skills. Zero. I think Wilcox has better coverage skills.

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    The game Wilcox got some playing time, he did have a pick. If Bradley can teach them to tackle, which they need, which he does, then maybe this would be a good move. This kid played pretty well as a cowboy. Maybe he can replicate that with the help of a good coach.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    That's saying a lot, that Wilcox has less coverage skills then Mitchell, cause I think Mitchell has none.

9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I do not like that news at all. First off even if we rework it where we at 2m - 1.5m imo still to much. This draft is pretty good which means we could get a guy under a mill to do the same thing. I am fine with Davis, M. Golden and even Dangerfield but I want to add 2 more a FA and a draftee. Wilcox, Mitchell and R.Golden can go bye bye and I could care less to ever see them again, jmo.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Actually Wilcox's best years were at FS and they went down when they moved him to SS. Maybe he will be better in that role for us. All I know is 1 start, 1 pick for us. Bradley will help the tackling situation. It needed fixed in a big way. It has been part of the reason our run D has struggled. I don't doubt we still draft one but this gives us experience back there and is an upgrade from golden, Mitchell and Dangerfield. If we can reduce his price it will be worth it. If we can get him down around golden money I'd rather have him.:cool:

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    If they keep Mitchell, Burfict ain't the only one who's lawn is getting dumped on hahahahahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    @thorn058 why is this against the rules???

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did I hit that? Sorry 1 handed scrolling gets me every time. Darn phone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Cool was wondering what I said wrong, lol.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have a Galaxy S5 that is just starting to get glitchy on me and I'm never sure when the touchscreen will register that I'm scrolling. Add to that my 6 yr old with sensory issues has been crawling into my lap everytime I sit down not realizing that he isn't as small as he used to be and leaves me with just one arm to move. You should see the bizarre stuff on Facebook that I accidentally like or follow just trying to scroll through the news feed on my phone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1