1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JJ Watts honesty.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 27, 2020.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Completely spoke about work ethic. Loved the honesty. Get all the brothers together someday.

• Like Like x 2
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't they all get together weekly at Subway?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s 100% right, his teammates quit and he knows it. Good for him for calling it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He may well be 100% right, but waiting until after the 15th game of the season to vent, strikes me as a bit late. And If he did it in private earlier and it fell on deaf ears, he should say so. Otherwise venting publically doesn’t accomplish much other than giving JJ some positive self serving PR.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I believe this has a lot less to do with J.J. Watt merely calling out the players and a lot more to do with how Rob and later Janice McNair have handled the Texans as a whole. Bill O Brien was merely a sacrificial lamb. Rob McNair was the one who was initially pulling the strings to get players like Duane Brown out of Houston.

DeAndre Hopkins leaving definitley had more to do with Brien but Janice should have stepped in. For that matter, J.J. Watt's relationship with Ownership has likely soured to the point of no return. I could not blame him for being so animated in the interview the way he was.

All that said, I have zero clue as to how the Steelers could afford him. Would take a lot of cap wizardry by Omar Kahn.

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Except for the fact that he's obviously talking about his teammates quitting on the team this week. What does this weeks game have to do with the past? He's mad and he's venting, and he did it without throwing any specific player under the bus. Good for him

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    In position to knock out the Titans. :clapping:

JJ is a leader.