1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JH on AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jan 15, 2019.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Should we start wondering not so much about these players attitudes, but more so what is Tomlin/organization doing that is causing Steeler Legends and potential legends to force the teams hand to move them?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm afraid this 'forcing teams hand' is the future. Not only for the Steelers but league wide. I also put it on the players. They dont have much say about their rookie contracts anymore & the franchise owners tend to set caps on the positions they play. Watching other athletes have success with this approach will only increase the occurrence of it happening imo.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I completely agree. Anything less is failure

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Rightly, or wrongly, QBs DO get special treatment. They get most of the credit, they get the girls. There's a LOT of really good receivers. Not so many really good QBs. Larry Fitzgerald is better than whoever throws to him, OBJ is better than Eli, Julio Jones is better than Ryan...……..Seems like most receivers who think they're more important than they are, end up somewhere else. TO, Chad Johnson, Plax, Santonio, even back to the late 70s/80s when a certain Charger receiver thought he was better, and more important, than he was. John Jefferson didn't do much once Fouts wasn't throwing the ball

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I won’t ever forget AB walking out on us but this is all confusing and the blame is solely on Tomlin.

Harrison going to the cheats killed me because even to this day he’s one of my favorite Steelers. He may be speaking some truth about Tomlin letting these players go nuts. AB still a douchebag though

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Well duh, so does every franchise hof QB. Look at Brady. The guy brought his own personal trainer into the team facility, got the Pats to trade Graffalo, and got them to keep Gronk.

They haven't won jack with them, so who cares.
    He should get special treatment? Like F'ing up and embarrassing the organization six times in the past 2 years (see OP) and only getting a 10K fine and benched one game, while getting a contract extension, special treatment?
    What if Jordan Dangerfield did just two of the things that AB did on that list? How long would he last let alone get more money.

Most people thought that they underachieved last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I'm getting it.
    Some times you're at one job too long.
    Either you need a new boss or you leave for a fresh start.

It's stale in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They did underachieve last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Larry Fitzgerald now is. I don't think most would say he was better than Warner. Warner was a 2x league mvp and a sb mvp. I'm talking about prime ELI. Not eli now hell saquon and Odell are better than him. When eli leas the giants to 2 sbs he was there best player. Julio is better than Ryan but I dont think Ryan gets special treatment. You saw how quick ATL gave Julio a raise a YEAR after he got a new contract. If AB held out even before all this Pitt wouldn't budge on a contract.

10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Honestly could care less what Harrison has to say about anything. I'm honestly just tired of seeing his ugly mug on sports shows

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    You have no idea what kind of treatment that Matt Ryan gets that’s better or worse than Julio Jones. You’re only assuming that because you haven’t heard anything in the national media.

You have no idea what what Pittsburgh would have done in AB held out. You’re assuming the worst to make them look bad and to make your case when in fact history says otherwise. They gave him a contract extension on 2012, one year before his rookie deal expired. Then again they restricted him on 2015 to give him a two million dollar raise, two years before the end of the 2012 deal. They did it again one year later giving him an additional $9M one year before his new and latest contract.

Theyve been more than fair and accommodating to this narcissist.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It is all about rings. Especially with the core talent on this team the last couple of years.

There was a guy named Lombardi you should go Goggle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    It is time for change all together. There is way too much drama all around as it stands. The inmates truly are running the asylum. Nevermind the issues within the locker room, the coaching staff in it of itself opens up a new can of worms.

There is only one person who can truly right this ship. Rather, the commander can. Note how that term is not in quotes for it is not meant to be metaphorical.

Looking at you ARII.

14. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Not in New England where structure and respect and chain of command still mean something.

I hate the Pats but in the regard I admire them. So much of that is long gone in societal decay of today.

Tomlin is one of the buddies and a professional public speaker.
    Until that changes we will be under achieving.

15. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    We will do better.

Things get better when you rid the cancer.

AB has been killing the Steelers for years and shame in Ben for allowing that little bawl baby ***** to dictate to Ben getting the ball by thriwing little temper tantrums during games. Ben then forces the ball into double abd triple coverage.

Good ****ing riddance

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    AB needs to learn he earns respect for himself, it's not freely given, he draws a million dollar paycheck after each game but he wants hero worship along with a game check, he should look at how one of the most respected steelers ever was Heath Miller who just kept his mouth shut and played ball, he never exposed himself to negative publicity like AB has, so AB it's long past the time for you to grow up and be an adult like Heath Miller........

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    They are not hired because they are smart. Obviously.

18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Brady? Both on and off the field!

19. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yup, fully expecting a work stoppage at next CBA bargaining. There are more guys out there like LevBell/AB than we may think.

It’s time to ship out AB. If he’s in training camp 2019 is already failed. The roster will be lost. Tomlin talked of changes; it’s up to the FO/ownership to allow the action to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Said it before, and will say it again for effect...Every year has expectations and questions...But the soap opera side of me wants the season to start immediately...

You are going to see a lot of changes going into next year...Which I also think will be a make or break year for Tomlin...IF, He falters...I think a change will be made...

Then that will be 2 years in a row that major changes were made...It's been well documented about the Steelers only having 3 Coaches in X amount of years...So IF the Steelers do make a Coaching change, It will be huge news with ( I wouldn't call it a rebuild ) More of a starting over with a fresh/ new direction..." Righting of the ship so to speak action"

Me thinks Rooney is tired and embarrassed of all the bull**** the last few years ( or I would hope so )...And is keeping the Company Line, we are not panicking look...He will not bash Tomlin, or go on record saying this or that has to happen...But he knows this or that DOES have to happen...Or Tomlins tenure will come to an end

JMO

21. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Agree on the labour stoppage. The players will be coming for "theirs" during that negotiation.

22. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He's earned respect, IMO. He's the hardest-working WR in the league, and his performance shows. But that doesn't give him the right to act like an asshat when he doesn't get his way 100% of the time. He just needs to shut up and play ball.

Oh yeah, and honor that contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    AB's contract was a BARGAIN. He only got what 19 million guaranteed. Even dez in 2014 got 45 million guaranteed. You're a fool if you think Pitt would have budged on his contract. That is complete pocket change compared to what his contemporaries got like Odell, Julio, Mike Evans, Hopkins etc.. . It's been already a known thing that Pitt doesn't break the bank for players. That's why 26 is taking his talents elsewhere.

As for Ryan he may get special treatment who knows but he doesn't strike me as that type of guy that would even seek it. He's an eli manning or Tom Brady type. Not a Ben or Rodgers type.

24. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Participating trophies don’t mean much at the end of the day.You can’t win it all every year but damm you don’t get the talent we’ve had since 2011(our last Super Bowl appearance) that often.Yeah, it is about the rings when all is said and done.

25. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Ed Bouchette on The Fan now saying that AB doesn’t stay in the dorms at training camp with the rest of the team. Also brings his own trainer and own chef to camp.

GTFOH.

Wants to be treated with respect. NO amount of respect will ever be enough with the assclown.

Buh-bye ****box.

• Like Like x 2