1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jets assistant Hines Ward wants Gatorade shower if team beats Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Dec 20, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No hard feelings on my end. Definitely enjoyed the time I saw Hines Ward growing up. The best blocking Wide Receiver in history no question.

A long shot but hope someday he gets his gold jacket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes.... superstition, karma... whatever you want to call it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Why could't Hines Ward be the offensive coordinator for the Steelers next year?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Because Ben is.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Because he isn't qualified, that's why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Again Vox Ferrum.

I totally agree on everything you stated. Hines is a one of a kind player that I have not seen anyone even come close to during my 45+ years of Steeler Fandom. Just freakin' awesome baybeeeeeee!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

7. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey defva.

Yes, I am old enough.... for sure (smile). Admittedly, I honestly do not remember how long for Swann and Stallworth. My guess would have been Swann first try. Stallworth, a delay because of the smaller less glorified college that he went to. Also, Swann was more appealing in the sense that he was more of a "Golden Boy" in the media's eyes. (You know, USC graduate, TV personality looks, etc.) Boy I hated to say that but I think, in part, it is true.

I just know that Swann got in first and did a very, very classy thing as he continued his lobbying for Stallworth who also eventually got in. These two were both no brainers. If you could, please enlighten me on the process of being elected. If you know it. I thought/think is/was solely based on one vote from one representative from each of the major sports media/outlet/newspaper from each of the NFL teams’ cities.

Side Note:
    As far as other Steeler WR's but more on the current ones. I am just venting here a bit as the following really has me P-Oed and no knock on those WRs from the 80s and 90s. There are many since Swann and Stallworth. However, these two bone-heads. Santonio Holmes could have if he did not screw up his career, AB might still based on his statistics alone. However, he may have screwed that one up as well. I just had to get that out.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Impossible to hate on Ward. He is just doing his job for his employer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Give him the Black and Golden shower

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Because he wouldn’t be very good?

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That ain’t right :smiley1:

12. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    So you are hoping the defense scores 3 touchdowns. Nice.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well then I hope it’s frozen.

14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    ^^^this. Responding as well to the comment we should have grabbed him from the Jets to make him our WR coach. Have seen similar posts about just hiring someone other that Sherman at the time. First how may men were free once the season started, these guys do have contracts. Do not know protocol, but doubt another team is going to let their coaches jump to a rival while under contract. The wr coaching decision was something that had to be done at the moment, Sherman may not have been the best coach for the position, but for a group of young guys who just lost someone they clearly loved playing for, he provided a decent mature stability.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not you my friend, the real bones wanting the shower for beating the steelers. Just keep quiet would be the right thing to do.:cool:

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought you were referring to me Mac. LOL

17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ward was reportedly hoping to be in the mix to replace Richard Mann as Pittsburgh's receivers coach after Mann stepped down after the 2017 season. The Steelers instead replaced Mann with longtime receivers coach Darryl Drake, who helped Smith-Schuster and now Oakland Raiders receiver Antonio Brown break Ward and Plaxico Burress' single season franchise record for combined receiving yards by a pair of Pittsburgh receivers. Instead of finding another coaching job in the NFL, Ward instead joined former Steelers' teammate Troy Polamalu as AAF executives.

They had the opportunity to get him and they didn't. Ward wants to coach at Georgia and has/had a lot to offer us. IMO no reason why he shouldn't be here and I understand his bitterness towards this game.

https://247sports.com/college/georg...ng-staff-Georgia-Bulldogs-Football-135103195/

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ray Sherman and ward couldn't carry the jockstrap of Mann and drake as wr coaches. They were two very,very good ones. Mann made AB.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah Mann made all them great catches where AB got 2 feet in and none of us knew how, or better yet Mann stretched the ball over the goaline a few Xmas ago. Love it when a guy leaves here and it was everyone else's reason why he was so good, man I thought Ben made AB now it is Mann......smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Where did you read anything about Hines being bitter about this game? "he wanted to be in the mix..." nearly 3 years ago, and no team offered him a job..he evidently was not ready. Even now he is not the WR coach for the Jets, but an assistant WR coach. If he feels that passionate about coaching for Georgia good for him and hope he has great success. if indeed he has a lot to offer the Steelers, I am quite sure the WR coaching position is going to be open, he can certainly apply and hope to get an interview.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ard-wants-gatorade-shower-team-beats-steelers

22. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    He doesn't say the word Bitter but does he have to.......

I'm telling my guys, 'You have to win this for me.' I want the Gatorade shower and all that if we win."

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    For being antiGlenn, you sure think a lot like him.

25. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019