1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Fowler Thinks Dak Prescott Could Be Option for Steelers in 2025

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    the money..especially guaranteed is the issue for many of these guys. If you have Mahomes and the D that was put together you always have a chance. You stated Dak needs support around him and I agree. Problem is with that much money going to him, signing capable players to build a team becomes nearly impossible. They have three players to sign, all will want nearly top dollar for their positions, with that CAP hit you cannot field a good team (at least long term). If Russ has even a somewhat high level of success this year he is not going to sign for pocket change, if Fields steps in for injury or another reason, has 6 or 7 decent games and we win a play off game do we pay him top dollar? I don't have the answers, but long term this is not sustainable. Miami seems to be balking at Tua, and there may be justification, but his stats matched against some others would make his agent nuts to not expect a high end contract. Issue is the piece of the pie just is not big enough to pay that, the WR's they have already committed to and the rest of the team. We are going to have to pay someone, not looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    might as well put a cap on every position then there will be no competitiveness everyone can make the same.wooo-hoooo :hmm::hehehe::huh:

3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I agree. You need to capture lighting in a bottle to win while paying a tier 2 QB like Dak top of the market money, ie hit a couple of great drafts in a row and stay injury free. And it would be hard to keep that window open for very long

Dallas are in a really tough spot now with Lamb and Parsons coming up and Dak wanting all the money seemingly. They have drafted exceptionally well and it still isn’t enough. They will probably get a deal done with Dak but their depth will suffer greatly and I don’t see anything changing in relation to their postseason results

Brady and Mahomes are on a different level to Dak but they understand that some flexibility is needed to win in the NFL. Brady would not have won all those rings if he hadn’t worked with the Pats to ensure that they had enough money to keep a competitive roster around him

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    It don't matter,this is impossible to overcome if your defense is poor come playoffs time

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s called a union

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    A BIG No Thank you to Dak

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would like to see what we have on the team actually play a few games before I think about next season