1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jekyll and Hyde Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Guy drives me crazy. At one moment, looks like a high risk/high reward coach, trusting his offense with a long bomb from their own endzone (resulted in a safety), then later trusts his rookie QB on 4th in his own territory to roll out and complete a pass (success - probably won the game). But, later needing a first down to run out the clock and win, he goes conservative and opts for three up the middle running plays that go no where and gives the opponents another shot at winning the game. He is either playing 3D chess and understands things way better than the rest of us, or his “gut” calls need a gastroenterologist. Tough to have an identity as a team when the coach is all over the map.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s called only occasionally living in our fears....obviously :smiley1:. Hey it’s working for now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I hear ya. Guy drives me bonkers. He'll probably blow out the Stains Thursday night to a tune of 35-0 and then with the extended week of practice lose to the lowly Bungles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    We have a vacation home in our fears.

• Like Like x 2
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He or they? I thought it was a team game :shrug:

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

HE drives me bonkers when THEY play down to the competition.

7. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'd like to nominate this for post of the week. Well done sir!

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You really want to be bonkers you should read Labriola's Qand A with him that he posted Sunday morning on steelers.com. reading Tomlin's answers especially about offense is jaw dropping when contrasted with the garbage that ends up on the field

9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Clive.

Not really football related but I love your Avatar. Man that sums up a lot with this team at times. :lolol: STEELWINDS

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Tomlin does more with less and less with more lol. Basically Cowher. I can't hate him he is doing a solid job

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey thesteeldeal.

Well, he is in uncharted waters as well and is only human. Given the fact that this is the first time in his career that he is without his Franchise QB for a whole season may have him second guessing some of his decisions. It is a difficult job understanding the repercussions of making potential game-changing decisions.

One day we have B, B, and B and then we do not. That is a lot of security blanket and comfort zone to have been ripped right from underneath you. Then again, that is what he gets paid for. He has his brain trust to help him through these things. It is called being prepared for all situations. Any good administrator understands this. Coaches, Principals, CEOs, etc. I have been there myself both in the classroom and on the playing field. You make the best decision(s) that you can and live and learn from the outcomes. STEELWINDS

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I remember a post by you when we were 1-3 or 0-3. You said it will take a real coach to get back to .500. Maybe he read your post...lol

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    winning tends to shut people up lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think he misses AB:smiley1:

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Too early to be patting anyone on the back with 7 games left. Remember last year we were 7-2-1 with 2 0f the 3 B's and had the division by the gonads. But then, we failed spectacularly. We're winning but not convincingly. Indy was a miracle win for example. Now we play a sub 500 team away and it'll be effin cold out. Lets see how we end up tomorrow night. Nothing would invigorate their fan base more than beating the dogsh!t out of us on national tv.

16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Eric Mangini on Fox sports said that Tomlin's job got a lot easier because for the first time in a lot of years no one on the team cares who gets credit when they win. No one on the team is pouting after a win because their stats were bad for the game. No one on the team is jealous if someone catches more passes or has more yards than they do. When they were 0-3 no one on the team pointed fingers at their teammates. In other words they are a team this year and not a conglomerate of stars who are more worried about their stats instead of winning ball games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1