1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JC done

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't dispute the vote of the peers. I disputed your comment that he was "universally regarded as the best running back in the world." He isn't. there are plenty of experts who would have said it was Gurley before the season. Once again, you claimed that everybody said one thing when that simply isn't true.

And thank you for finding an example in Eric Dickerson, who has an...interesting relationship with the Rams, at best. Of course you either didn't know about that or avoided it because it debunks your claim of bias. That said, even if Dickerson is biased, it still debunks your claim that Bell was "universally regarded as the best running back in the world." You didn't say universally, except for people who you think might be biased. You got that one wrong, as you do with so many things.

Also, who is Jermo Bettis and why aren't you showing him proper respect by capitalizing the first letter of his first and last name? Is he any relation to Jerome Bettis?

More importantly, that article you linked quoting Bettis is out of date, which makes it useless. It was posted in April, before anybody had seen what James Conner can do in Bell's place. I heard very few people, experts or otherwise, who felt that Conner was ready to step in as a lead back before the season. What good is an opinion if the expert is missing such key information?

I keep trying to teach you how to be better at this. Perhaps at some point you will listen.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

Going to start calling you muddy from now on because you always muddy the waters. Funny you call me another numbers guy and then use some obscure stat to try and prove your point :lolol:

No matter how you slice it, his production is on par with all those other guys.

And if it's about the team that surrounds him and not about JC's talent, tell me, why is he having better numbers than Bell did with the same team? Hmmmm.

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If I posted some made-up statistical evaluation, you would rightly question why it should be trusted. Yet you offer no evidence to support your claim that footballoutsiders.com is credible. You offer no explanation of why their method makes sense. We're just supposed to trust it because you found a link on the internet that you like.

I'm not basing anything on my credibility. It is not a commonly used measure. If you want to add it to the discussion, you need to justify why it is worth using. What about their methodology makes sense? Are they using subjective or objective measures? Who else uses it? Why are those individuals credible?

Until you can answer those questions, you might as well share something thrown together by a bunch of elementary school kids who watched a game one time.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You are using the claim that he hasn't lost a step as evidence to support your claim. It isn't evidence because you can't prove your side.

You have not made your point and I certainly haven't. You failed yet again. I admire your persistence while I pity your lack of skill in writing and rhetoric.

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    You haven't because I have yet to see any articles from you. Idk what you read or did it's all here say could be something you made up as you have yet to site any direct sources. And what the players who played against leveon say DEBUNKS anything you bring up. And eric Dickerson is very well connected to the rams now that they are back in LA. He of course will rock with his guy. And it's a better opinion than anything you have brought up because it's an opinion from someone who has actually done something significant in the sports world. I asked for what you've done to dispute any of them and you still have yet to bring it up. And lol I wouldnt listen to anything from a nobody like you in terms of sports. And for the last time And when we brought up the players argument weeks ago you didnt say players who suck until it debunked your theory. But you can try to continue to gloss over that.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I didnt bring up bell. You continue to. I'm talking about the guys playing right now. Bell is irrelevant until nfl free agency starts.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Can you show me some book or article that says what I dialed other than what you who is a nobody thinks? I'm waiting.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL I know you didn't because it blows your argument to hell.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morn...aron-Schatz-s-predictions-for-2018-NFL-season

Nfl network brought the guy in from football outsiders to give his predictions on the nfl season. Still much more significant than anything you've done so therefore if they are valuing his opinion on nfl network you have no place to try dispute anything he said because that's much more significant than anything you've ever done in terms of sports. Next question.

And they have also in the past been partnered with fox sports and are now partnered with Espn. Much more than anything you've done.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No. Because from what I've seen in the past and I could be wrong when analysts, players, coaches, etc.. judge who is who they dont look at one season to determine who a player is. Bell has played more seasons than last yr. He didnt become who he was based off just last yr so idk why you keep trying to use that 1 year as to why hes this and that in comparison to conner. By your logic patrick mahomes is on another planet in comparison to Brady because hes on pace to have better numbers than brady did in 07.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, it really doesn't debunk anything I have said. Just because people respect Bell doesn't mean that his absence is the reason Brown's production is down. I have presented many other valid reasons. If you want to claim that defenses are paying more attention to Brown because Bell is gone, you need to provide evidence to back that up and you haven't done so. You haven't even come close.

You continue to misquote me on that previous argument. It's tough to tell exactly what you are saying because you express it so badly. Even if your accusation were right, I've caught you doing that exact same thing twice on this thread alone. You've made that out to be some sort of horrible offense, yet you do the same thing on a routine basis. You did it when you shifted from Pro Bowl to All-Pro. You claimed everybody was saying Brown hadn't lost a step when it wasn't everybody. You claimed that Bell was universally regarded as the best running back in the world when that opinion wasn't universal at all.

Perhaps the issue is your failing grasp on the English language. You just don't understand what I'm posting and you are unable to control your own use of the language well enough to avoid making these mistakes.

Let's assume you are telling the truth when you say you are a college student. You haven't done anything yet. I just point this out because I enjoy the irony of you calling somebody else a nobody.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You don't know what I've done, other than kick your virtual butt here on a consistent basis. But hey, you did find one link of evidence to justify a smaller aspect of one point that you brought up. You still haven't come close to supporting your overall point, but it's progress. Congratulations!:applaud:

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm using last year because it's the same team and JC is out performing Bell's production from that year.

Also, my argument is not that Bell is bad but that Conners is better than you give him credit for, much better.

Your Mahomes example = muddy.

Anyway, this has gotten way past boring. Moving on. Hate on JC all you want, you're missing a heck of a performance by him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Obviously because you are a nobody so of course I don't know what you've done. And lol I don't need you're justification for anything. I'll say it one more time you are a Nobody. I'm sure you know what that means.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I said he was good. When did I say he sucked? There's level to this. Those guys I mentioned are just a level above him. He is a good player and a top ten back. In my opinion though he's not a game changing player. He's not a guy you build and focus your offense around. He is a guy you fill into a good team and he can thrive in the right situations. Not disputing he isnt have a good year and hasn't made a lot of ppl easily forget bell but let's pump the brakes on saying he's on the level of those guys. And I'm saying bell is not the consider the caliber of player he is because of what he did last yr. Before last yr MOST were calling bell the best OVERALL back in the league.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont care what you say or do. You're not important enough for me to directly remember everything you said. But I was just trying to put out your hypocrisy. You're the one that kept bringing up the whole "moving the goal posts thing". Not me. I was just pointing out how you did the same. And I'm not the one here disputing hall of Famers, analysts, or sites like pro football outsiders. I defer to those people. I'm not a nobody trying to discredit them like you are.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You don't know who I am. Once again you are claiming information you don't have. You've actually admitted to be a nobody. That's kind of sad.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You keep ranting on and on about me, so clearly you do care. Do you every post anything accurate? Does it make you sad that you are wrong so often?

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I am until I have proven something. I wont be saying that this time next yr. Plus like I said I'm not trying to discredit anyone. You are and they all have done much more than you have in the sports world.. but based of the conversations im going assume you are much older than I am. I am not even old enough to drink yet so therefore i havent even had the chance to do anything. You more than likely have and have done what in comparison to the people you try to discredit?

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I am offended. As a non binary nobody this makes me rage lol

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This is a wise response. Normally I like toying with people who are out of their depth, especially when they are rude, disrespectful and occasionally offensive like Analyst. Even I'm getting bored with knocking him around.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont feel any type of way about the assessment of what anybody says about what I said. And lol you obviously am feeling some type of way if you call what I'm saying a rant lol. I have given barely any attention to the cryptic and passive aggressive little remarks you have tried to make about me. Its because your opinion is really irrelevant to me and is only a source of entertainment.

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He can drink!

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I could be wrong but I didnt see you here trying to discredit analysts, hall of famers, websites affiliated with the nfl etc.. so therefore I'm not comparing you to them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I tried walking into a bar this past summer while I was out and they wouldnt even let me in to charge my phone.:shrug: