1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaylen Warren cracks top 20 list.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think they should overpay, either, but $7 million for one year of Harris isn't overpaying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See.....LoL....
    It appears there must be another STD on this board.....because I have not once said He was fumble prone.....what I said is He has the same amount of fumbles as Najee with over 600 less carries as Najee. I've only stated this 5 million times.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My Friend.....Yards aren't yards....You know this.
    Example 3, and 20.....and a player gains 16....great job, but not what is needed......3, and 2, and a player gains 3......now which one I the most significant yards?? Yet stats will show one had 16 yards, and the other only 3. Also take into account of what the D is looking for.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No You didn't.....You never take into account one had over 100 more carries(if anyone does anything 100 more times the averages should be different), or that some of Warren's biggest runs came when both RBs are on the field....yet nobody ever brings that up.

5. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I'll say it. Warren fumbled too much last season. He's also not nearly as good with pass protection as Najee.

This is not meant as bashing on Warren. Just where improvement is needed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    wow just wow to both std and scribe. give me a complete back any day of the week. lev bell was good here because he could do it all. sorry you all are butt hurt that the steelers didn't sign harris to that contract. they must have their reasons. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :beathorse:

can we end this thread, mods.

like the kenny debacle debate, this horse is beat to death.

please season, start soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's the best you can come up with? They must have their reasons. So is your argument now that whatever the Steelers do is right because they have a reason for doing it? To be clear, that is the point made by the words you just posted. I'm not sure you meant to post something that foolish.

Harris is a complete back. He is a productive runner. He a strong blocker. He is a very good receiver out of the backfield. He has proven that he can handle a heavy workload. He has proven he can protect the ball. He has proven that he can be effective in short yardage.

You cannot accurately make those last three statements about Warren.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    never once in any of these threads have i said harris wasn't a good back. never.

i said the steelers must have their reasons for not signing him to that contract.

warren is also a good running back. don't put words in my mouth that i didn't say. they haven't signed either beyond this year.

what players do in college is kinda why you draft them or add them to your team. players can get better in the NFL after college. so don't discount what i said about warren carrying the load for his senior season like you did.

no i didn't say everything they do is right, but it's their choice. that's why they are paid to make those decisions.

i stand by my statements that warren is a complete back. i like those types of players. :cool:

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm reflecting your words back at you. That you posted something mindless and didn't even think about what it means doesn't change that. To be clear, I'm referring to your argument that they must have their reasons. By that logic, everything the Steelers do is right because they have a reason for doing it. You aren't that much of a delusional fanboy, so perhaps you should put more thought into your deflections.

I never claimed that you wrote that Harris wasn't a good back. That is an example of a poster putting words in someone else's mouth, except it is you doing it to me.

That a player does something in college doesn't mean they can do it in the pros. You know this, so why are you relying on that as a crutch to support your point?

Your statement that Warren is a complete back in this context implies that Harris is not. That is why I explained how Harris is a more complete back. He is a better blocker. He protects the ball better. He has proven he can carry a heavy workload. He has proven himself in short yardage. Warren might be able to do those last three things, but he hasn't proven it in the NFL.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

I tried to tell you about 5 weeks ago to just stop with him.

just leave it alone.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If you can't respond with integrity, it would be better if you didn't respond. There was nothing ignorant in my post. If you didn't mean to imply that Warren is more of a complete back than Harris, say so. You had two opportunities to do so and didn't, which tells me I read your post correctly. You can't counter any of what I wrote about Harris and how he compares to Warren, so you post this bull****.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please kindly mind your own business and bless your heart.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :popcorn:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2022
    Unlike some fans, the Steelers have a vision for what they want at the RB position. That vision may include next year's RB class. While the top might not be elite, it is a very good, and deep, class for RBs with some that can both run and receive. Watch out for a small school RB Ashton Jeanty for example

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Why use a draft pick on an RB, when they already have a good starting RB?

19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    and the rumor is another kid they have on the roster may blossom. We will see....we do need RB's, once Najee is gone, that is why use a draft pick.

You need a good stable of horses, ask the Ravens....

20. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2022
    Truth spoken here. Anyone thinking you are 'set' with one starting RB hasn't watched the NFL in the last half decade. And in Smith's offense it is doubly true that you can never have enough.