1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaylen Samuels

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by cajunyankee, Apr 30, 2018.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I posted a thread many Months ago about ACC Football. I've watched many games inclunding NCState and we got a football player. He will make the team.

He played TE,FB, and RB. Great Blocker and Very good hands. He's almost the same exact size as Bell coming out of college but with a faster 40.....4.54 vs 4.60 :: a higher vert...... 34.5 vs 31.5::: longer broad jump....121 vs 118:::: and an almost equal 20 shuttle....4.28 vs 4.24.

You guys are going to really like this guy once he hits the field.

We got three Steals in this draft... Mason, Chuks, and Samuels!!!!!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/0...le-samuels-showing-hes-special-teams-capable/

Cajun

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You know there are posters on here who I would be less confident about these kind of statements, but I trust you CY. I know you know your stuff.

I actually really like our draft. I would have loved to upgrade the ILB position, but I think we have our best S pairing we have had in a long time. Probably the best DB situation we have had in a long time. You hear, Edmunds will probably be the dime guy this year. Really? Don't you think Sutton wants that job? Allen is going to want to play. Davis won't want to lose his starting position. We have competition coming out our eyeballs for defensive backs.

I trust Chickillo to be good depth, but I really think we are going to love Adams, so us not taking an OLB doesn't bother me. Not taking an ILB has me scared to death, but I think if there is a guy like Haden who becomes available, we are signing him if we can.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hope Thomas keeps his act together and plays like he's capable. Galambos, Kelsey are also here and just because we didn't think they were ready last year doest mean they won't be in the mix this year. We shall see. I remember a guy that wasn't ready for a few years and became DPOY when he got his shot.:cool:

4. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Thomas is very intriguing. Wonder what his deal is?

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He missed a good bit of practice his final year. I saw they said illness but that was speculation. That was how jimbo Fisher listed him at the time. Something seemed strange about it though. He sank in the draft and then started to rise some at the end. The physical talent seems to be there but.......:cool:

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My setiments the same.

Of the two, Marcus Allen will likely be in play to switch to Linebacker given the fact that, while he is limited in his coverage abilities as a safety, he can be much better as a linebacker.

He also does not mind taking on blocks and possess a "get it done" attitude".