1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaws

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Fe3CCity, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I don't know if anyone else has been watching or has seen his ranking of NFL QBs but he is at 9 and hasn't hit big Ben yet. Where do you think falls? I say 4th.

The only reason why I bring.. it up is because I like Jaws. I think he is far more of an interpreter of QBs then most

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Im pretty sure Jaws is a BB fan. He'll have him pretty high.

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, we have Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, Brees, E. Manning, and Flacco (smh) as current guys along with Ben who have a ring. Who would Jaws put ahead of Ben that doesn't? Matt Ryan? So at a minimum, Ben is 7. I'll agree, he should be 4.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I was thinking he'd have him at 7, too. He had him at 6 last year I think. 5 or 6 anyway.

5. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What number is Jaws on right now? I have missed the last week or so of his QB updates.

6. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Last I saw was 9

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I believe he had Eli Manning at 8 today. I think Ben will be next at 7.

8. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Brady is a system QB he is very lucky he ended up with Bill Belacheat or he would never have been rated like this. I would love to see him in action with a losing team..

9. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i tend to think the Pats are not a losing team because of Brady. the dude is a great qb. the system plays a part, but the dude can flat out play the position.

no qb is great on a bad team. in football especially you need lots of pieces to make it work. Brady is a huge piece as to why they have been one of the best teams in the league for so long.

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

And knowing what the Defense is throwing at you (i.e. cheating) doesn't hurt too much either.

Brady is very good when he has a certain level of control but when he gets flustered all bets are off. You could probably say that about most every QB or Athlete but it seems to bother him more than most.

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    For years I kept waiting for Brady to flop. I thought in his early years that he was a system QB and that it was Belicheck's great coaching that kept him afloat. Even after their first couple of Super Bowl wins I thought Brady was way overrated. I don't feel that way anymore. Brady is the real deal and he is a talented quarterback. He's got a will to win and never say die attitude that is not that common in the NFL. He knows his limitations and plays within those, but the skills and abilities that he does have he works as hard as anybody to maximize those talents. He's a smart quarterback who knows the nuances of each defense he's playing against (listen up, Ben). He'll always make sure that he's more mentally prepared than the defense he's playing and demands that of his teammates. I like his fire and passion (see shouting match with OC) and I'm convinced that he is one of the better QBs of our era and arguably of all-time. Can we attribute some of his success to coaching? Absolutely! But that can be said about most players that have achieved greatness.

12. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    the teams that beat Brady and Manning and like you said pretty much every other qb that is a rhythm qb get pressure on them and take them out of their comfort level. that is what has always seperrated Ben from most other qbs. Ben isnt a rhythm or system qb. im not saying Ben is better than those guys, but when Ben has time and isnt running for his life hes as good as anyone.

Brady when given protection is as good as the game has ever seen. for people to try and take that away from him is crazy.

13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    And so it is

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    There are certain players that this game just "slows" down for. Such is the case for Manning and Brady. People called Manning a system QB and I think he has dispelled that notion. I think the same would be the case for Brady. I can't tell you that Brady would be just as successful on any team but that is only because of the players around him. Every QB is part of a "system" (except maybe Ben lol). Anyhow, the game slows down and they see things a second or two quicker than everyone else. That is what sets them apart and that is, in my opinion, the only thing Ben is really missing, at this point. Up to now, he hasn't had to have the game slow down for him and now he does. I hope he realized it and if he does I think you will se him reach a whole new level. Just my opinion.

15. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Bill didn't make Tom......Tom made Bill.

Bill was just a good coach until he got Brady at QB....then he became the GENIUS.

When Brady is done....so are the Pats.

HACK

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't go too hard on Bill. You're forgetting all the success he had as head coach of the Browns.