1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jarvis Jones- panic button time?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think this is a VERY valid question, How about our OL, CB, TE, DE, How in the last 5 years have
    the people they have brought in improved gotten better, pushed starters for playing time? Cam Heyward a HIGH draft pick year 5, and the light bulb might be coming on. Why aren't we seeing production from these high draft choices? How many sacks does the goofball (Aldon Smith) out in SF have in his 4-5year span compared to say Heyward? Player development has got to be questioned don't you think? Why does the PGH media not ask these questions? Why does Colbert &MT get a free ride? WHY!

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I can't believe I'm playing in your daily find fault with Tomlin and Colbert game, but why are you trying to compare the sack totals of an OLB to a DE?

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Heres 3 , linebacker Jerod Mayo in 08 was defensive rookie of the year in his rookie season, 2010 Gronkowski was a phenom at tight end as a rookie highlighting his rookie year by catching 3 TD passes against the steelers defense and a probowl and Devin McCourty in 2010 had a probowl rookie year with 7 picks 82 tackles 2 forced fumbles and 17pass defenses, when was the last time we had a rookie turn in a probowl year???

4. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Some very good points on both sides of the argument, I started this thread, and by no means am I saying he is a "bust" but this year I fully expect him to contribute. Is he allowed a bad game here and there? Yes, but the good need to out weigh the bad. ESPN had an excellent article on JJ (on the front page under recents) and it says there are no more built in excuses because if JJ doesn't perform well the CBs will be exposed (duh) and JW will get double teamed all year. The last game ( Carolina) JJ looked okay, but preseason games are hard to judge, and the one everyone saw was the Eagles game in which he was a non factor ( yes he played against some good competition) but he will face that each week in the regular season. There is a lot riding on JJ this year, and for his sake, and us as fans I hope he does well, or people,will be beating that panic button with a hammer!

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Pouncey!