1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Washington

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Obviously he's playing this week but just saw this article. Here's his chance to redeem himself.

I think Ed's comparison to the football game nearly 50 years ago is silly, its a pass happy league now and if he put up either of Swann or Stallworth numbers in their first year, we wouldn't be talking about this. 200 + yards would be fine. JW has 77 yards and 8 receptions.

Rudolph says they are focusing on him more in practice, good to see but they really need to change the rules about practice the next time they are negotiating the CBA. He should have been getting extra looks all along. Now it's coming at the expense of AB and JuJu's reps.

Hope he has a good game today.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...s-Louis-Lipps-Hines-Ward/stories/201812050186

2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I would love to see him have a big day today.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    For his sake, I hope he does the same.

He has to end his rookie season on a high note. Starting that "correct pitch" today is a good first step before the peformance.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Rooting hard for this kid, I feel this kid is getting a lot of flack for his limited production. I know someone will have something to say about this comment but really don't want to start the thread from 2 weeks ago all over again. Good luck JW I hope Ben gives you a chance to catch the ball and I hope you take advantage of it as it will only benefit the steelers from here on out.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Concur.

The "Limas Sweed" comparisons he has receieved recently are silly. I do not recall Limas Sweed ever contesting catches in either the preseason and regular season. James has done both; in the games against Green Bay and Tampa Bay respectively.

James can make the plays. He has done it before earlier in the season. There is no reason he cannot do it now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah and I am hoping he don't try to hard today and it affects him, imo a lot of pressure was put on him these last 2 weeks. But a good day today could fix it all........

• Agree Agree x 1