1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Traitor Harrison on Undisputed Today

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jul 19, 2018.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think the problem has been we did not have the talent and matchups to meet the style and play of the patriots against the pass. Our zone blitz defense was picked apart by what appeared to be ease by Tom Brady. We didn't have the personnel to match up and mix up the plays enough in man, bump and run, etc mixing it up, winning one on one matchups.

So I give a lot of credit to Tom Brady. He made it look easy to score against us when other QBs would struggle. Two things you have to be able to do which we haven't been able.

1) get real pressure to disturb timing (which is tough because they do so many short passes)

2) out play/physical/disrupt their receivers at the line with bump and run in man coverage.

We couldn't do either, and they've been killing us for the past 15 years or so with Brady at the helm. I'm hoping we match up better this year with our thousand safeties on the roster. Gronk isn't the easiest individual to match up against with success either.

I'll always be pulling for the Steelers in this matchup, but I agree it's been frustrating.