1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Traitor Harrison on Undisputed Today

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jul 19, 2018.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    First off, they grilled him about his love for the game. He admittedly said he didn't love playing football but he loved working out and playing with his brothers. Hold up, so you don't love the game but crying about your PT? Sorry that doesn't add up.

Then he said Belichick is better than Tomlin which I think everybody would agree. He said he's never been in so many meetings before with the Cheatriots. Then he said Tomlin needs to hold everybody to the same standard and not play favorites. He said he saw Brady running laps. I think all of this was a fair assessment.

Then his love affair for Brady begins. Talking about how nice he is and how he wanted to hate him but he couldn't. That's the problem with this team too many players look up to these Cheaters and it starts with Ben.

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    James harrison was told by tomlin he would play down the stretch. He didn't, tomlin lied. James went where he could play. Added to his sack total too. James left cause tomlin lied. Case closed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    But he doesn't love the game of football. He just loves lifting weights and playing with his brothers. Why would he care about his pt? Steelers are paying him to lift weights and be with his brothers.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I really don't want to do this whole Harrison thing again.

According to Harrison he was promised playing time. It didn't work out and he acted very inappropriate. Has it actually been confirmed by anyone other than Harrison about this promised playing time?
    Even if he was promised something things can change during the season. I wouldn't go as far as saying Tomlin lied. It's part of coaching to make decisions on the fly and things you thought would work you figure out later that they won't.

With that said I still think Harrison could have helped us. And Tomlin needs to learn not to make promises.

I doubt I'll ever forgive Harrison though. His unprofessional actions were unjustified IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    That's not even in the top 10 biggest problems with this team. That is fairly ridiculous.

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    When it comes to beating the Patriots, I think it is. Too much respect for them. Ben calling Brady the best ever. The meanest guy in the NFL saying he likes him. Teams that have beat them; Ravens and Giants. They would never say that and they don't respect them at all.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers vs. Patriots is not even a rivalry. That matchup is so one-sided and pathetic it's not even funny. A rivalry is Steelers vs. Ravens. Or... Steelers vs. Raiders in the 70's.

Patriots own the Steelers and always will until Brady retires or implodes due to old age. My money is on retirement. As long as Brady is taking snaps and starting QB for the Patriots... Steelers will lose in the matchup. It's like gravity and the speed of light... a law that can't be broken.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Both parties share blame on this situation: Tomlin made a false promise and James got all unprofessional and angry. I'm not surprised on iota that James said Belichick ran a much tighter ship than our "Cool Shades" did/does.

9. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017

Ummm, yea, that's not even close to being true. And why wouldn't Ben admit Brady is the best ever? He clearly is.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Because he should want to be the best :hmm: I'm sorry but that attitude isn't one of a winner.

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    This x 1,000. Some of my fellow Steelers fans here got all butthurt when I gave Ravens and Harbaugh credit for beating 2 HOF QBs en route to a Super Bowl victory in 2012 season. Tomlin could never achieve that feat. Harbaugh and Coughlin > Tomlin. Obviously.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    He's on "The Herd" right now. Came out and directly said the coaching in New England is far superior to the Steelers. He said the Steelers are in much need of more discipline. He is just confirming what most of us knew.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Well, uh... yeah. Obviously... as Tomlin would say.

I consider Harrison a traitor, but he speaks the truth.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I can’t imagine a single reason Harrison might speak badly of the Steelers coach, other than to report plain facts.

I would always trust a guy complaining about lack of discipline who sleeps through meetings and films himself throwing weights around because he’s a bit angry.

15. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    He's right and we both know it. As far as sleeping in meetings, he could run the meetings; no new information is exposed to James. He probably helps the team more by resting than he would taking part of those meetings.

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Valid points but there's a lot of proof that back his claims on Tomlin. Brown recording lockeroom when told not to. Bell missing walkthroughs before playoff game. Villanueva and Ben have said the same things about the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He didn't sleep in his meetings in NE. Even said Belichick was a funny and great guy.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Much needed discipline says the guy who was perhaps the most undisciplined.

19. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    He was the MOST disciplined. Not least.

20. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    what a great point: He didn't sleep in meetings in NE. He didn't dare, because that head coach would never allow it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    James who??

• Like Like x 1
  22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t know if “didn’t dare” is the right term, based on what Harrison is actually saying about BB.

The sleeping in LB meetings was clearly about being as insubordinate as he could be, because he didn’t like not playing. Like Glenn, I’m not really bothered about opening this all up again, more just noting that for him to then complain about lack of discipline sounds odd.

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That made me laugh. The results of those meetings didn't prove to be Mensa sessions.

24. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Tomlin is and always will be a clown. Things will never change or get better. The circus can put a better product out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He obviously cares about the game. He spent over a million every year to get himself in shape for the season at his old age in terms of football. He didnt have to do that just to play with his brothers.