1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison Trade

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Glory Days, Oct 30, 2017.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    In the words of Cowher to Greg Lloyd: Rush the Quarterback...

This is what the Future Hall of Famer James Harrison will bring as was shown against the Chiefs. He brings a presence and has to have extra special attention when inserted in those situations. I understand the limited use. Watt and Dupree as well as Chickello are the future. This isn't a Jarvis Jones situation (and he's burning up the league right :lolol: ) that needs Harrison to take over.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I see old Jarvis started the first game of the season. And that was the end of that idea.

To bad we didn’t use him as an ILB.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe they are saving him for an increased role late in the season and in the playoffs. Or perhaps he really isn't very useful any more. The comments from the coaches seem to suggest the former.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The coaching staff knows what they have with Deebo, and JH himself knows full well when and how they will use him. After all, he is 39 and has some hard miles on the odometer. I think some of his coy comments to the media is just his way, as it has been his whole career, of keeping people that he views as pita's at arm's length.

6. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Chickillo backs up Watt and Dupre then Harrison.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's the problem the Zone they were using would have had Harrison dropping like Watt was. The thought is good that James doesn't get back in depth enough to make that throw difficult, so why use him.

Problem was that Stafford was making that tight throw over Watt (barely) anyway, so most think it might have been better served to bring the LB and put James in there to rush more.

I get why they didn't though. Even if he came in on those downs, they were afraid the Lions would go hurry up and he'd get stuck out there and get targeted.

8. Jmos3

Jmos3 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    During the chiefs game I saw a few time they had James, Watt, and Dupree on the field at the same time. I’m wondering if they’re saving that subpackage for better teams?