1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison Taunting Steelers and Fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 15, 2018.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

But hey, it wasn't personal. He just really wanted to play 3 games and 13k. I wouldn't be surprised if an unmarked package popped up in Jacksonville with the Steelers defense playbook.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Screw him, don't care what he has to say.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    He and the rest of his career can go straight to hell. He will never again be thought of as a Steeler in my eyes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't like what he did but, hey, Tomlin lied to him. Wouldn't play him so he punked his way out

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    JH should have contributed to the 2017-2018 Steelers is a greater capacity.

Those who chose not to go that route, are on the chopping block and some won’t be around due to that decision and so many more decisions that have us scratching our heads today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    With the speed of the Jags, Harrison might want to pop a few dramamine's to prevent motion sickness during the game.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We just got crushed by the Jags, couldn't care less about this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know the whole story, but makes you wonder how honest Tomlin is with players. This is twice now a player got so fed up being on the team after feeling lied to. Blount was the first.

Makes you wonder what was promised to them, and were they deceived?

• Like Like x 1
  9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. I didn't blame Harrison for wanting out and I didn't blame the team for cutting him. It's part of the NFL. After I found out about Harrison's antics, then I definitely blamed him for that behaviour. I have no tolerance for stuff like that. With that said, it sounds like Tomlin was stringing him along all season. He kept telling him he was going to play and he didn't. I still don't condone what Harrison did, but I understand why he was frustrated. Tomlin is partly responsible for how that whole situation played out

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Who?

• Like Like x 4
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Blount was a different situation. His carries dried up because Bell was emerging as an elite running back. We have no reason to think he was lied to. He simply lost time to a better player. He didn't like it and the Patriots told him he had a way out, so he took it.

12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Did you notice JH already looks trimmed down as a Pat?

Here is how that probably went.

Hoodie: "James, we appreciate your insane power and workouts, but we need you to drop 15-20 so you can move a little quicker. That's what we need you to do for the team."

Reaction: "OK, if that's what you need me to do I will do it.

Tomlin way: Never tells JH he needs to be faster, just never plays him, even though he kept stringing him along.

Which way produces 5 rings and which has a team under-achieve almost every season?

13. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I don't think harrison was the answer. Even though I grew tired of watching Bud dupree not set the edge, get faked out via playaction, and just not play to the level he thinks he can.

I do think Harrison may have gotten to the QB a time or two, but thats due to his superior pass rushing skills in which he gets so low to the ground and is hard to be blocked. I think the results would have been the same. The interior linemen blew, the inside linebackers stunk, and mike mitchell is only good for a forearm to the head after the play.

I'm not exactly sure what Dupree should have been doing, but I saw within the 1st few plays of the game play action passes to the TE in the flat in which Dupree rushed the passer, but could never get to the qb and it was clear on tv he couldn't leaving the TE wide open for 7-20 yards a pop.

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is all we need in our time of mourning. Another James Harrison thread. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Wasn't it Mike Tomlin who cut him? Not sure how that's Harrison's fault. We cut him and he wanted to go to the best team possible. Looks like he's gonna get another SB ring elsewhere. Just another gaffe by our HC. We sure could have used his services yesterday.

16. mgsmooth

Aug 14, 2016
    After that D performance and where our D stands, every decision including JH’s role in Pitt should be questioned.

Where is Dupree and Mitchell? Why aren’t they on social media talking trash? They don’t produce on the field. Dupree sure talked a lot when Deebo left/and told lies. Said he never visited 50. Lie!

JH has always produced in his career and never had to talk trash. Brought a ring to us. Always be Deebo to me. And it will be fine that a lot of Steelers fans turn their back.

The issue here is, the same people that cut/sat/deactivated Deebo, also schemed, gameplanned, 38pts Bortles, Caspered Dupree, and had no foresight to have any ILB depth that they had to sign one off the street.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    James had 3 tackles and 0 sacks against the Titans.

With that kind of production, we never would have lost to the Jags.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mgsmooth

Aug 14, 2016
    Too bad he wasn’t on the roster to actually find out.

19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How many snaps did he get?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He was on the Cheatriots roster and those are his numbers.

He was cut bc he was asking to be released, sleeping in meetings, showing up late, blah blah. If he lost his spot, work hard and get it back. TJ took his spot because he was performing.

21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And Heyward had 1 tackle and played the whole game for us. How many tackles did Dupree have and he played most of the game. Can't go there Blast , we screwed up with Harrison.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You'll find out next week.

What kind of logic is that? Heywood and company did nothing and JH did nothing for NE but if he was in black and gold he suddenly would morph into super James? Steelers didn't screw up, fans are just sentimental. He's 40 years old, let it go already.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Just saying that you said Harrison only had 3 tackles, and I said Dupree had how many while playing many more plays. No logic with your comparison. Just admit he could of helped us against the run while the team stunk against the run. You know I'm never wrong, lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. mgsmooth

Aug 14, 2016
    Bottom line, our defense is bad. JH wasn’t going to solve our problems, but his issues this year and how it played out is a direct result of a decaying culture inside the Steelers organization.

I know we can plug stats in and say garbage time this and that. Or this guy can’t cover.....but do we have another JJ on our hands?

Dupree 44 tackles 6 sacks-15 games....oh wait....he’s funneling the RB to our LB’s or Bortles to our DL who get the sacks now. Yes, the new philosophy works well.

JH 11 Tackles 3 Sacks-3games

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What will really be bad is if Harrison goes off on Bortles and sacks him about 3 times next week after our guys couldn't get in the same zip code!