1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison Mega Thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SDOT, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Accusing me of spin :roflmao:

Thats rich considering this whole conversation is based on you saying JH was still playing at a high level. Funny stuff.

More spin from you, you asked me why did Tomlin release him then and I cited other players as an example of depth. What the hell does them not asking for release have to do with anything. Spin spin spin. Good grief dude.

He retired because his agent said no one is calling you was he up ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You can't try to help the Patriots tie us in Super Bowls and be a lifetime Steeler. It's unfortunate he was so narrow sighted and his plan failed but such is life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He did help us win 1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    PFF just sent out their list of the top 100 players of the decade. JH came in at #95.

:herewego::herewego::herewego:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I spin? HA!!
    All you do is spin.
    You're a Serial Spinner!

Why drag in players who have nothing to do with what we're talking about, other than to spin.
    BB stated he was unhappy with JH's play, or BB played him for an entire super bowl including ST's, and you put a spin on it from there.
    I suppose you talked to JH's manager to confirm who was or wasn't calling. No? That's called spin.
    There are other examples, enough that it's making me dizzy.:goofy:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :facepalm:

Sorry if citing other backup players as an example of why the Steelers kept JH confused you. No spin, answered your question.

No spin on JH SB performance either, his lack of production proves my point.

If you JH apologists keep going, you’ll have JH leaping tall buildings in a single bound during his last season. Revisionist history is fun!

He was never playing at a high level his last season, spin master. You’re trying awful hard to distract from that remarkably wrong assertion :lolol:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Sorry, but you can't dismiss JH because of not caring about history and then tout Ward and Polamalu...because THEY are history as well. Their time with us was good history. So was Harrison's. Can't have it both ways. Do you hate Rod Woodson, btw? He's a traitor, right?

We needed Harrison. Tomlin gave him splinters. The team suffered. And so Harrison flipped Tomlin the middle finger and went to help the Pats. He didn't flip you and I the finger, he flipped off Tomlin for being a poser. I don't/can't fault him for that. You shouldn't be blaming Harrison. You should be blaming Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :applaud: Winner!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hmmm.....weird I could of sworn everything he did for the Steelers was wiped away because some people’s feelings are hurt over how it ended. JH may not have been what he was but he was still playing at a higher level than BD. You don’t keep a “ troublemaker “ around if he can’t play. It’s pretty simple....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It's funny how fickle history is, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Because Tomlin wouldn't play JH that entire season, we really don't know what level he would have performed at. His first game in NE he had 2 sacks and a strip on only a handful of snaps, which is high level, no matter how you want to spin it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So did a lot of people. It's a team game.

Yes and wait, you think that team suffered because JH wasn't playing? :lolol:

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Jets: 27 snaps 2 sacks
    Tenn: 28 snaps 0 sacks
    Jax: 31 snaps 0 sacks
    Philly: 67 snaps 0 sacks

Facts suck :lolol:

High level :bscow:

upload_2020-5-14_20-9-15.jpeg

upload_2020-5-14_20-11-18.jpeg

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t be confusing him with facts.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's called spin, brother.
    I tried to save you the time and energy (and embarrassment, quite frankly) earlier in this thread when I did you the favor of responded for you.

Spin:lolol:
    Spin:roflmao:

Spin:tongue:

You didn't disappoint.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

Cut ties with this loser AR2. Black eye to the organization three years later.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No comments on JH's comments about Tomlin handing him the " money " envelope?

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This getting blown out of proportion now. Madden is making it sound like cash bonus for a bounty, asking Sean Peyton for his thoughts on it (bountygate) and AR2 having to defend the team. All Harrison said was that Tomlin handed him an envelope, could have been the coach chipping in on an unfair fine, could have been a note with his true feelings on it, it could have been 2 pennies and the words you were right. But no its a bounty payment yeah thats it

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And the comment could equally have just been a metaphor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981.

Yeah, I am waiting for that to explode. Once again, I will wait to see what people around here say before, if, I comment. If it is simple as Tomlin paying a fine for him and it is within league's regulations, then fine. I kind of look at that case scenario as me paying a traffic ticket for someone. Big deal. I am doing a favor for someone. No harm no foul.

I think that JH was unfairly targeted for his old-school style of play after awhile by the league. Because he wasn't willing to conform to the new pssy league, new cndy-but rules. "Oh, James plays too rough." "Boo hoo hoo." And then you know how much disdain Goofdell had for Harrison. The same Goofdell that has single-handedly f-upped what is a catch, and no more KO returns, and do not tackle too hard, and everyone should be Superman (especially JH) and defy the laws of physics and change their trajectory of when launching to tackle once they have already committed their body which is impossible to do given the laws of science but let's still fine James anyway. "F" Goofdell that a-hole. Harrison is okay in my book. Always will be!

Sure I was disappointed that he went to the cheats. However, this was after Tomlin lied to him about getting playing time. As I stated before, all the man wanted to do was work. He proved he could play at a high level still. He continually dedicated his life to maintaining his body for his job. That is no easy task. Week in and week out James road the bench or got a few charity snaps. The man just wanted to work as I stated here the other day. I will hire a man with that attitude in a heartbeat. For me, James will always be a Black & Gold Man. Now with Blount he was a complete a-hole with his antics and going to the cheats. That is who, IMO, everyone around here should have a bone to pick with. Not so much that he won a ring with them. Just the way he went about getting out of Pittsburgh. As always, IMO.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Was a huge Harrison fan , and thought he got jerked around but, Man let it go

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Qb hits and pressures?

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If true harrison is an asshat. Tomlin too lol

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    In 2017, PFF gave JH an overall grade of 78.8 and a pass rushing grade of 86. That’s consistent with what I remember seeing. I don’t think he could have held up as a full time starter, but when he played, he played well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Eloquent as always my man :clapping: