1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Conner

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Heck yeah. Give him the rock!

93.0%
  2. No, we'll find him in the 2019 draft

7.0%
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :eek:

:popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is much better than your usual response. Thank you for improving.

3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Correct but based on my age I haven't even been afforded the opportunity to do so. You have and what happened? And your whole argument was based on assumptions you cant prove.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You posted someone associated with Pittsburgh. I'm talking about people that have zero to do with the steelers or the city of Pittsburgh.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I know you don't know anything about the people posting on this board. That's not an assumption. That's a fact.

You clearly know nothing about how journalism works. Your lazy, uninformed dismissal of Paul Zeise is proof enough of that. The guy isn't connected to the Steelers in any way other than he is a member of the media who covers them. It is a lame excuse to justify an opinion piece that blows a hole in yet another of your arguments.

I guarantee you can find instances of Zeise criticizing the Steelers. The same can be said of Tim Benz, who has also been critical of Bell's decisions. You are assuming bias in those cases while failing to see the very clear bias on the part of former players. Once again, consistency, logic and intellectual integrity escape your grasp.

We don't know how old you are. You could be a 50-year-old man living in your 75-year-old mother's basement for all we know. Your social and communication skills seem to fit that theory. That you hand no answer for how a college football player could be posting away all day on Saturdays calls your story about yourself into question. Many of us asked and you didn't answer, which casts further doubt.

To answer your question, nothing happened to me. I chose to leave one career for one that offered more. Unlike you, I'm not relying on my resume or those of others to back up what I say. I'm using statistics, logic and rhetorical skill, all tools you seem incapable of wielding.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    But you argue that nothing should matter more than the opinion of former players, who tend to be biased in their views on such matters. You assume bias that doesn't exist while ignoring bias that does exist. Is that because you don't know what you are talking about or is it just a lack of intellectual honesty? It truly has to be one or the other.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd waste time finding others that doesnt agree with Bell but you'd just keep moving the goal post.

If you believe every analyst and former player agrees with Bell you are tremendously naive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Another idiot thus proving what you know. If you knew anything a person who is a redshirt freshman does not play nor travel with the teams on Saturdays which I am. Nice try though. And I have went days posting on this board. You also could be some guy living in his mom's basement. So why should I believe anything you say about what you have or havent done? See how that works? And no one asked me that. Show me ignoring that point by anybody with a direct quote just like I direct quoted what you said about former players who are analysts. Until then you are talking in circles as usual. And great you feel good because you're proving your English level on a online message board. Good for you must be one of the great accomplishments you have. I tbh dont care about anyone on this board. I just talk on here from time to time when I'm bored for entertainment as I knew most of people on this board would be biased towards the team and wouldnt have the outlook of just an nfl fan and not just a fan of the steelers.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I pointed out how they dont support all players. According to you they support anyone but then you backtracked and said oh well they only support guys who are good and not guys who" suck" which debunks your whole argument because players who "suck" are still players. And no one else's opinion does matter more than them. That's why the shows that have them on it are the most watched. People want to see their takes. Not people like you.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I said since the start anyone that is outside of PITTSBURGH. He covers the team so he has some interest. Just like the idiot reporter from ne who voted brady league mvp the year manning threw for 55tds just so brady could remain the only unanimous MVP in nfl history.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And I can find articles of players criticizing other players. So then doesnt rhat debunk your theory that all players support players regardless? Which one is it? Also reporters who cover teams do have bias. Remember who the idiot reporter from ne voted brady MVP in the year manning threw for 55tds and set the single season yard record but voted brady so he could be the only unanimous mvp in nfl history?

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Now you did it....you done did hurt my feelings. Excuse me while I go off in the corner and cry like a true millennial.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lol nice sarcasm. But seriously no one on this board should care about what anyone on here thinks. Well I cant speak for anyone but I dont. It's just for entertainment.

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Really truly care? Maybe not,but respect should be shown or should try to be shown even if some might make it difficult to reciprocate...opinions should be respected I feel...

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah true you should respect someone else's opinion.

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh and all these talking heads you've been using as a basis for your argument here are paid to voice a " opinion " as well. They are not infallible...no one is. ESPN is called the " entertainment " and sports network for a reason. I'm staying out of it from here....carry on.

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You thought this was so remarkably insightful you had to post it twice? I don't know "Formerscribe" but...…………….have you ever heard of retirement? Career change for a better opportunity? Career change out of boredom? A career?

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The idiot is the guy who keeps making my point for me. That would be you.

I've said all along that you don't know who the people on this board really are just as we don't know you. That is why the real key to a good argument here is to make a claim and back it up with logic and facts, not by claiming some expertise that you can't prove. I've been saying all along that any of us could just be making up any claims we make about ourselves.

Also, assuming your story about yourself isn't pure fiction, I hadn't ever seen you mention that you were taking a redshirt. Your claim that somebody is an idiot for not knowing something about you that you hadn't posted just shows your own foolishness. Even if your story about yourself is true, it isn't nearly as impressive as you think.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm guessing sarcasm, but just in case he's not a millennial

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well he's not a analyst either so.....what is he?:smiley1:

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I never saw you specify that but in any case, Ed, Ray, Gerry have all been plenty critical of the team. Certainly Paul Zeise doesn't have any bias.

And again, there are plenty of analysts outside of Pittsburgh that disagree with Bell. Everyone disagrees over any topic, its why its called opinions.

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's really a sad statement. We really are a nice community here for the most part as long as no one is being too big of a Richard. Some great guys to talk football with and converse and some great knowledge gets passed around. We lost a couple of good guys during last year's anthem fiasco but what can you do. While I wouldn't say you have to take anything antone says as gospel and have it alter your life but there is value in our community

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is my biggest issue with our Analyst. I know I can be a bit abrasive, but I would never say a member of the board's opinion has no value. He has been disrespectful to the entire board.

• Like Like x 1
  24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Just curious....does anyone know how many pages one would have to go back in this thread to see the name Conner used....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I knew we were in for a treat after his very first post where he claimed he is more objective then Steelers fans. First post and insults everyone, great job :lolol: