1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James and Troy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DSteelerCT, Dec 1, 2018.

1. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Looks like James is going to the 10 Year celebration tomorrow but Troy isn’t.

Might be too soon to celebrate James return, but he obviously had a huge impact on that game/season. It will be interesting to see the response.

For Troy, is he still angry with the Steelers? He’s one of the most beloved Steelers and will soon be in HOF. Hate to think of him following Terry’s path and not have a relationship going forward.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I had a strong feeling that when Troy hung up his cleats he would have very little to do with the sport afterwards. More of following along the lines of Jack Lambert.

As for Harrison, anyone who boos him is an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I still love Harrison

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Troy could still hold some resentment against the team given how that situation was handled. If not, it could be due to what 86WardsWay stated; Troy did not want to really be bothered with the NFL anymore.

I truly do wish there could have been a different outcome though. He was an all time great. Would love to see him again.

5. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Just re-watched the pick six to send us to Tampa in 08. Brings a tear to my eye. Troy was something else. I always got the feeling he was a low key, stay out of the spotlight type of guy. Somewhat introverted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    How could you not for how great he was for the Steelers. There's probably plenty of guys around here holding a grudge because their feelings were hurt.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kind of like how your feelings were hurt about Bens comments on JW?

See how that works.

I can call a spade a spade without it being about hurt feelings and recognize JH was a dick his last season here.

You obviously don't think he was. Cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think Troy's a bigger person than holding continual resentment for this long. I think it has more to do with him interesting in other pursuits in life, which there is nothing wrong with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    My feelings aren't hurt I just think what he did was unnecessary. Doesn't change the fact Ben is a great Steeler and doesn't change the fact Harrison was too. See how that works....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Would/Will you go to the game and boo him? If so, then you're an idiot in my opinion.

He has given so much to the Steelers and then got completely shafted over his final 2 seasons. So what, He went to our nemesis to try and screw over the organization that broke promises. Clearly he still had more in the tank than Bud Dupree ever will and the sat out game after game after game after game because Tomlin and Porter were too ignorant to grade talent over favoritism.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Three years back, I remember hearing some people complaining that Troy wasn't at a Steelers alumni gathering around Pittsburgh. 2 days later, he was posting pictures on the Great Wall of China as part of a NFL goodwill tour (with Ryan Clark and Ike Taylor) in that country. I don't think he would have been part of that tour, wearing B&G and handing out Steelers clothes to the fans there, if he was deeply bitter towards the organization.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They really let that traitor Harrison in? and Troy needs to get it together. He's 1st ballot next year so he needs to get over this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    People need to realize that things hardly ever go well when players careers are winding down. The players self value and the teams opinion never align. None of what he did changes what he meant to the team between the lines. Holding a grudge when both player and organization had a hand in it getting to that point is silly. Thank you James Harrison for being a great player for the Pittsburgh Steelers.....

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I Love Harrison as well got his Jersey and I'm rocking it!!!!! I judge the whole person and try not to let my personal feelings get involved of my professional feelings. Besides "DEEBO" has earned his legacy as a Steelers Legend and one blemished does not change that imho.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Both valuable members of the 2000 era Steelers.

Unlike many, I never held resentment against Harrison. It's too bad he was acting like a jerk but the dude wanted to play and he wanted to win a championship. I don't fault him. He bailed us out after coming back from Cincy a few years back.

As for Troy, I can't see he would be at odds with the Steelers. He's a legend here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree.
    I get that Troy May be mad or he’s the Dalai Lama or whatever, but the fans poured their hearts out for him. There was a time when his Jersey was the most represented in the stadium.
    He took the money. He has a responsibility to the fans that supported him as far as I’m concerned.

As for Harrison, everyone knows what I think of his actions last season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I know Troy is salty about how his career ended. I hope he dosen't hold that grudge forever. Troy is probably one of the most beloved Steelers of all time. Hopefully when he sees the reception he gets at his HOF induction speech, that will be enough for him to put his hard feelings to rest.

As for JH, fans need to get over it. Im glad James is coming in to be part of the 08' team reunion. Hell, if it wasn't for him there may not be a reason to have a reunion. I agree with 86WardsWay. If anyone boos Harrison tonight thats a damn shame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course Harrison acted like a dick his last season. I don't think there's any denying that. There's also no denying he was one of our greatest players of all time. He's right up there with all our other greats. He also made perhaps the greatest play of all time and if not for that play, who knows if we would have won that SB.

Lets also not forget his last season was a 2 way street. He was assured he would be played. He was told that regularly, yet he never did play, even though our defensive play that year left a lot to be desired. Tomlin should have been honest with him instead of stringing him along. Harrison of course should have requested to be released instead of acting like a dick in meetings. As far as I'm concerned, both Tomlin and Harrison are equally to blame. You don't lie to pro athletes about playing time. If they aren't going to play, then be honest.

Either way, Troy and Harrison are 2 of the greats and their careers should be celebrated, even if neither had a story book ending

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Who

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Not even that. They did it for his life after football. He had so many concussions, it wasn't worth it anymore.

21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Sorry I can't celebrate somebody who joined the Patriots. I know if they won a Super Bowl, he was going to rub it in our faces for life. His plan didn't work and he's falling back on plan c. Sorry but it doesn't work like that.

22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I never had a problem with harrison. I understood where he was coming from in his situation. Have to always use context.

23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Troy holding a grudge is kinda nonsensical considering his Religious background. He still has a home in Pittsburgh I believe so it’s not like it was inconvenient for him to show up for even a few minutes.

I’ll pay his Uber fair if he doesn’t have the cash.

24. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    IMO, I think Troy just moved on. He seems to be a religious man, so think it was just a move on thing.

IMO, James Harrison acted like a spoiled child, if it is true he was bringing a recliner into meetings and fake snoring to disrupt the meetings due to not being included in game plans and having playing time, etc. I do think the signing with the Cheatriots was a big FU to the Steelers for his belief of how he was treated at the end.

Meh, time heals all wounds. It will be ok in about 5 years....

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Who said anything about booing him?

I said he's a dick for his behavior and I stand by that.

I won't boo him but he tainted his legacy as far as Im concerned. If you think Im an idiot for that go pound sand.

• Like Like x 1