1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jalen Ramsey .....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    We just got rid of the toxic players let not bring in another.

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    When the toxic left...so did the W's

LOL

and for the record....the first time I mentioned going after Ramsey...I said I would make it a conditional first based on the ability to sign him long term.

HACK

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Jaguars will never accept that type of offer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If Hack could ever build a team, it would be like the State Penitentiary team from Unnecessary Roughness.

[​IMG]

5. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    While I enjoy the joke and the reference...How does Jalen Ramsey or Minkah Fitzpatrick fall into that category? Which is who I have been saying I would go get.....oh..and Ill add Terrell Pryor?

HACK

6. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

and the Steelers would never take a 3rd and 5th for the best WR in the game.

Honestly...from what I have read in the rumor mill...my offer would probably still be the best offer they get....a high 2nd if the Steelers suck as its assumed they will this year...and a 1st in 2021..... All I have heard is a 1st and 5th (I think) from an NFC team...and a first and a player from the AFC tean

HACK

7. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Then the Steelers would be doing better than they deserve.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I was specifically talking about making the first round pick conditional. I don’t see them doing that. Now there are reports that the owner wants to give him an extension. Regarding the Brown comparison, don’t get me started.

9. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    There is no Brown comparison. I have never seen anything like it in all my years of football. This is no Chad 85.....This is not TO......this is not Randy Moss...... (all went to NE by the way)....Heck this isnt even Lev Bell ...

Brown is in a stratosphere all his own at this point.

HACK

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Johnny Manziel never reached their success but was known to self-destruct.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think Johnny's problem was drugs and alcohol and he says the same. AB doesn't seem to have that problem.
    One common denominator between the two is women trouble.

I forgot bi-polar for Johnny, maybe AB too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't think you can even compare them. Manziel was barely in the league. AB leading up to the last game of the season was considered the best WR in football and a lock for the HOF......Then his wheels fell off. His last 3 weeks in the NFL.....He was benched for a game by team 1.....forced his way out of town for way below market value......He was cut before game 2 by again forcing his way out of town....he played in game 3 and caught a TD pass....and his stupidity got him cut before game 4.

3 games...3 teams.......Seriously...In the last 6 months...3 teams gave up on him because he was not worth the headache anymore

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers aren't trading for Ramsey :facepalm:, they just gave up a first round pick for Minkah, they sure as hell isn't about to part with another first round pick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't see this response. Yes, just joking. I was only talking about Ramsey and that other guy from long ago popped into my head, Rolando I think?

You do seem to have an affinity for risky players :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I saw on twitter that Jacksonville turned down a offer from Baltimore, that included a first and a second, plus TE Hayden Hurst.

16. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

Good...I don't want to see him twice a year till he retires.

I do not have a problem with troubled guys....NE has been doing it for years....and has 9 Super Bowl appearances for their trouble.

NE has no problem hiring mercenaries to get them over the top. Moss, Revis, Browner, Blount....The list goes on and on...you see them trading draft picks for proven commodities almost yearly.

I have always been a "You build your foundation with the draft...You patch your holes with FA and trades"

The Steelers have flat out said...They build to be in the hunt every year...and that they value their own players and draft picks as investments.

NE doesnt build with anything more than this season in mind. Thats why Brady has 6 rings...and everyone else that played in NE has one or two here and there....They try to win THIS YEAR..they turnover that roster often......Next year they will build a team to win next year.

The Steelers have wasted most of their "window" with Ben...They have drafted how many defensive guys in the last decade in the first round? ..HOPING they fixed the defense...when they could have traded a pick here or there and got a proven guy. Best DB they have had since Troy left if Haden. Got to be open to going after them. Thats why I have no problem with the Minkah trade. Me thinking they did or did not give up to much to get him is irrelevant. They think he is "THE GUY" and they went after him. Thats what I want to see. Ive said for years I see no reason you need 7 draft picks when you are not in total rebuild mode. You need 2 starters....Heck I would trade picks every year to get MY 2 GUYS....then fill the back of the roster with FA and and UDFA's

HACK

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, that was a good deal. Glad they rejected it.

Everyone falls back on NE to make a point. Exceptions don't make the rule. How many other teams take on problem players and don't have 9 SB appearances to show for it? NE has had this success for 2 reasons, Belichick and Brady. They get to the promise land whether they have a squeaky clean roster or a roster with rotten character guys on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That report wasn't from Schefter or Rapoport about the Baltimore offer, it was from some guy I never heard of, I'm not sure how legit it is.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If the Chiefs got Ramsey, then I like their chances against New England.

20. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    The point is not that it sometimes doesn't work.. the point is that it sometimes does. The Steelers have not been to a Super bowl since 2010... the Pats have been to 5 since then... going 3-2.

For years teams tried tti be like the Steelers... The AFCN built there teams to try to take in the Steelers.... the Steelers need to stop with the.. we do what we do schtick... and design themselves to beat the king.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Cool... so when do Brady and Bellechick join the team?

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Is his smoking hot wife still with Johnny Football? Or did she blow
    his signing bonus money and is gone also? LOL.

23. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

I get it... those two are rhe whole team... saw a stat this morning. Tom Brady hss thrown TDs to 72 different people...an NFL record. Bring them in.. use them up... go get the next one

HACK

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Point is - They are an outlier because of those two playing chess while the rest of the league plays checkers. Some of the players that they have brought in have helped a lot, but there’s no way to know if their personnel management strategy would have worked with someone else at QB. Also, a number of their Key contributors have been guys who were non-factors elsewhere, but Bellechick was able to find just the right fit (examples Ninkevich, Van Noy).

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    We saw a little of that over the last few years. Trading for Macdonald, signing Haden, possibly a few other moves. The talent on paper seemed to be there year after year, and most years made the playoffs. They always come up short against the 'King', I believe that makes your point more valid. The other factor is of course the 2 constants the Pats have had throughout this run, Brady and Belichick. Besides the change of players every year, how many position coaching and coordinators have the Pats gone through, yet they keep on winning. We keep the same guys and get the same result.

BTW wasn't it you that found the that pointed out (on the original chat board) that future HOF'er (that sadly never player an NFL game) Troy Montana? Was thinking of that the other day, what a difference he would make today.