1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jags are upset about Pass Interference

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by We need a change, Jan 22, 2018.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The lack of penalties being called against the Pats is a national perception. So is the inappropriate behavior by the refs reacting to Cheatriot TDs etc.

Listened to Denver talk radio (Brandon Stokely former WR as one host) and they talked for about 45 mins on the penalties etc. Denver has no ties to that game other than looking at it critically as fans. Everyone is noticing, its not just some jilted Steeler fans with tinfoil hats. Go to a team's message board and you will probably get the most outlandish claims which would skew your perception, but that doesn't mean its a non-issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Sure it's a national issue. The game had no Pgh ties either last Sunday, but thats all they talked about here. Pats have beaten Denver too. My fans is from Western NY, Bills fans hate the Pats, so do Jets and Dolphins fans. The Pats are unpopular, because They win a lot. They beat the home team a lot, beat everybody a lot. They come off as arrogant. But like the Yankees or The Lakers, the Pats are hated for their sucess and it can't be possible that they win on the up and up. You see this phenomenon in politics too. The other side couldn't possibly win the election (because they're evil or just blindingly wrong), so they must have cheated, stuff the ballot box or suppressed voters. This is exactly the same psychology.

3. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I guess you are right about people hating on winning teams, but yankees, lakers ,cowboys, never had to pay fines for any sort of allegations, they never had first rd picks taken away....

People hate the pats not because they win but because everyone believes kraft pays people off to make things go his way...

Patriots cheat, this is no BS or prapaghanda or conspiracy, they flat out cheat. ....

• Like Like x 1
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I understand the winning jealousy part, heck I'm not immune to that, but I don't follow baseball or basketball. Is there an outside force, like the alarming trend with officiating calls in NEs favor, that continually aids the Lakers or Yankees that fans harp on season after season? Do the Yankees always get the corners called as strikes and do the Lakers never get personal fouls?

• Like Like x 1
  5. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    They have been doing this for the Patriots all these years, there is no way,if anyone has played a sport, that they can always do this legitemitly, every penalty called at certain times changes the game,its so apperant this year, but just go back and watch last years super bowl, that was even worse,like someone said 50% of America hates the Patriots, 50 % likes them, but 100% of America watches, and that's what the NFL wants,its simple, its business and we get worked up, scratching our heads on how a team with a bunch of cast offs always win, it so easy thru the refs to help them out, then the brainwashing of how great they are happens thru the media, and everyone buys it.

6. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I get what you're saying and I am 100% biased in my opinion. However, for an NFL team to go 5 or 6 games without an offensive holding penalty seems statistically improbable to me.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that the refs are crooked or bought off. I think it could simply be a matter of being human. The media floods the country with the notion of how well coached the Pats are. So it could be as simple as the human refs giving them the benefit of the doubt when they see an infraction. "They're so well coached after all, maybe that wasn't a hold I just saw."

Could be why the Yanks, Cardinals, and Notre Dame are perceived to get all the calls. They are perennial winners so the refs give them the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I will say that as far as the OP goes, I find it hilarious that the jags would complain about being called for PI against the Pats. They mugged our receivers for the entire game two weeks ago and were never flagged. I called it after our game. I said they would NEVER get away with that against the Pats who get all the calls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The 4 reviews by Al Riveron this season tell me all I need to know about his pro-pats bias.

Four similar plays all involving TDs, controlling the ball, and the New England Patriots. Had all four been consistently officiated I'd have no beef. However, the three that would have hurt the Pats were ruled no catch and the one that would help the Pats was of course ruled a catch.

Add to that the shady offsides turned into encroachment on the patriots punt against the Titans when they were losing early in that game last week and I'm convinced that something is going on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Duke and Carolina in College Basketball come to mind for officiating bias in big games..

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well splain this to me. If Riveron represents a pro -Pats bias in the league office, how can he's keeping his job? Why aren't Art II, Terry Pegula, the owner of the Jags, Jerry Jones, Jeff Laurie, Daniel Snyder raising holy hell about this?? The press release by the League on Big Als return made a point of indicating that all the owners supported the decision. These guys have $billion investments in this game and can fire anyone in the league office they want.

11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Maybe they will can him this offseason? Or maybe they just don't care? Or maybe they think back-to-back super bowl champs make for good ratings? Who knows?

Like I've said before I don't necessarily believe in a conspiracy or that the refs have any nefarious motives. It may just be that Al Riveron's grandson is a big Pats fan so when there's a close play he gives it to them. It could be that simple for all we know.

But after that punt against the Titans where TWO patriots lineman jumped offsides, and it was called offsides on the field, then the refs got a call from New York and it was changed to encroachment, it's gonna be hard to convince me there's no pro-pats bias.