1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

jack crawford to visit steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Cool for a breather guy

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Similar size to Jason Jones like the article mentioned. Very similar in size to Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd too. I think Shaq will be gone by 1:25 but they seem to like those measurables. If Dodd is available, does his age deter the Steelers from picking him? He'll be 24 in July. Just curious to what you guys think.

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dont see any upside with this slug, his 4 year career stats are awful, and at 274 he's a tweener between DE and OLB, he has 6 sacks and 30 solo tackles in 4 years on two different teams, in my opinion he was cut loose twice because he either doesnt have any improvement potential or he just cant get any better than he already is, pass on this guy.....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    So more sacks and solo tackles than Harrison had in his first 4 seasons?

I know that's the hyperbolic statement, but seriously... I don't see any point in stat counting a backup player. We are looking for solid depth players. Crawford has length and athleticism. He is not the answer to our pass rushing problems. But he's a guy who can be 3rd or 4th in a NickelDE rotation, and a key contributor on FG block units and special teams. He's got the length to bat down passes and block kicks.

He's a guy who would compete for a depth role on a 53 man roster. His cost would be as minimal as any signing.

Frankly, we should be making these types of cost effective depth signings that have little to no downside.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thank you. It's these signings that make a difference in a contender or the Browns.

7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

I second the motion.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    jarvis has 5 sacks in 3 years and his a first round draft pick.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Lo

Yep we might as well start talking again about Jarvis, since we beat the Boykin talk to death. :bowdown:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why do they ride Vince Williams on the bench? Why can't he or Fort take Jones' place?

11. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Serious? Why can't Williams take Jones place?

Look I'm no Jones defender, hated the pick from day 1 (no explosion, knew he was a no sack player from day 1), but asking why Vince Williams can't take the edge rusher role... is bizarre. He's an inside/middle LBer. He has no edge skill or experience what so ever.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hold on. It's sarcasm (Green font)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He would be a improvement over Cam Thomas, if they can sign him for the vet minimum then go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    You got me!

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I think originally, it was TTF that one day mentioned he should have used the sarcasm font, and of course there is no such thing as sarcasm font but some people believed it and said they couldn't find it, which is hysterical and it somehow just ended up being the color green.

• Like Like x 2
  16. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    That's hilarious

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Jack Crawford... Jack Crawford... I knew that name sounded familiar...

[​IMG]

:lolol:

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for explaining the history behind the green font, Blast. I see people commenting and posting using the green font, and knew it signified sarcasm, but I never knew the story behind it and was afraid to ask. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it was in response to diamond calling crawford a slug with only 6 sacks in 4 years as a reserve. just putting it in perspective. :cool:

20. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    And that's why Jarvis is considered a big fat bust. Just about ready to move on from him too.

21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Got it Mac, just saw Jarvis's name and couldn't resist.

22. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Haha! So true. This is a huge year for Jarvis. Big contract year. This will determine his value.

I was big on Moats for a while but he has not done anything to take the spot from Jarvis so I can't complain.

OLB is once again a draft need.

23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agreed, but Jarvis hasn't done anything since he was drafted either. Plays like a fourth or fifth rounder should. I don't think he has what it takes and was a mistake for a no. 1 pick. But nothing can be done until after this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Jones is not a Bust at this point of his career. I thought he had a solid year Last year.

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    to be honest, i thought moats would do more too. i now consider him a possible cap casualty move if they need money. it would cost them 633,333 divided into two years if he was a june 1 cut. we would gain 2.5 mil. this year for that.

the way i see it is if JJ is staying this year and JH comes back and we draft one, could chickillo take over his spot and save us money.

suisham, moats, allen, thomas, adams and possibly spaeth being cut june 1 would save us a butt load of cap room. :shrug::cool: