1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I've never seen someone fall so far so quickly

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by shaner82, Apr 29, 2012.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just 2 months ago I saw a few mock drafts that had the Eagles taking Burfict at 15. Almost all mock drafts had him in the 1st round. He was being talked about as perhaps the best linebacker in the draft.

Not even a full 2 months later he goes undrafted. I can't ever remember seeing a player fall so far, so quickly.

Anyone else remember anyone this happened to in a short period of time?

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Its happened before, whether it be due to medical or character concerns.

This is why players have to surround themselves with people who will give them good advice, and just not fill their head with how good they are. Burfict ran his mouth beginning at the Combine. As you can see, every team took him off their board. He had no idea how to conduct himself in interviews.

I would have rooted for him to be successful and prove people wrong, but now that he is a Bengal, I hope everyone was right.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Donovan Warren at one point a couple years ago was a first rounder, went undrafted. Late last year Chase Minnifield was listed as a first and then started falling once the season was over and he went undrafted. It happens more than you think.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Brandon Browner and Ernest Shazor pop into mind.

5. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Alfonzo Dennard was slated to go in the first maybe early second until his incident where he allegedly punch an Cop in the face. The Patriots picked him up in the 7th just to ensure they got him before the undrafted feeding frenzy began. The Patriots really boosted their defense with this draft and that is startling... I think we really should have taken a look at this guy given our secondary woes. But they had an amazing draft so just got to trust them.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's what happens when you average 2 personal foul penalties a game take cheap shots on opponents, get in a fight with a teammate. Get benched for the bowl game have a all around bad senior year, and then have a bad combine stumble in the drills and run a 5.0 forty, why would a team waste a draft pick on him.

7. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Chris Polk, RB, Washington, was another that fell far. I think he went undrafted and signed as a UDFA. Projected to go in the second round. I think it was medical concerns.