1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ITS TIME THEY MUST GO !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by markthadon, Dec 19, 2011.

1. markthadon

markthadon Member

Nov 28, 2011
    BA AND TOMLIN GOT TO GO ASAP ANYBODY WITH ME AND HOOD YO.

2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm ok with Tomlin staying, but BA is the handicap to this offense.

3. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Well, I am not high on Arians, but the jury is still out on Tomlin. I am starting to fear that he is just not a good Xs and Os guy, and I'm not sure what kind of motivator he is, either.

Remember the "unleash hell" comment two years ago? That was a joke.

This team just lacks intensity.

4. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Very true!

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Tomlin???????????????????? really???????????????????

6. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This is what I thought after the first quarter. This was a big game they blew, and throughout it I didn't see anyone show any intensity.

Didn't seem like anyone was prepared tonight. If they were, they didn't execute worth a damn.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call for preparing to go into the playoffs.

Based on this season though, its not.

Someone needs to light a fire under this teams ass. :write:

7. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Hate to tell you, but making the playoffs nearly every year will never get anybody fired. Sorry.

8. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He needs to grow a pair of B...s and get all over these coaches and players. He shows no emotion whatsoever. 20-3 and he is still playing Ben with3 min to go and he just gets sacked again. Poor management on the coaching staff and it starts with Tomlin.

9. CalifBlack&Gold

CalifBlack&Gold Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Tomlin has no fire, no emotion. Can't get his team emotionally charged for these big games. Just stands their with a perplexed look on his face. Need some Cowher spitting or something

10. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Harbaugh

You better believe that the brothers got together and John told Jim how to beat the Steelers and they did it very easily. We need a complete makeover in the off season. Maybe their is some truth about our D getting old. Where was Hines all night? Just a messed up night and now we go again on Sat. :-(

11. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As head coach, you let your team show up in a very important game that would put you in the drivers seat with that type of performance. You let all this foolishness go down with Bruce Arians throwing the ball 44 times and only run it 17 times with a QB on a bum leg. I think he got sacked 5 times or so. How pathetic, how stupid, how dumb.

The answer to the problem is FIRE BRUCE ARIANS IMMEDIATELY!!!!

12. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah I agree. I want Tomlin and BA gone > : ( :banghead:

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The kept going on and on about how great a warrior Ben is and what a great leader that his team can rally behind. A great leader would have realized the with the game still in reach he was hurting the team more than helping it. A great leader would have set aside personal glory and the attempt to become a legend by bring the team back yet again and say we have a chance to control our own destiny. Ben stayed in the game because he wants to be the man sorry but I think the Colts debacle this years shows how dumb an approach that is.

14. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    Its part of what he does. When it comes to the point where its 20-3 with four minutes left, theres pros and cons to keeping him in. The con being the possible further injury, the pro being he is trying to give his offense a spark and convince them to keep fighting, which is what you want. To pull him sends the wrong message in my opinion versus why its logically smarter to pull him.

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

15. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Tomlin appears spineless in some games, and this was one of them. no intensity, no passion, no desire to change anything to help the team win.

then again, the team has to show up to play too.

16. swang228

swang228 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm not calling for Tomlins head, but a crippled 2 time super bowl champ in the game with under 2 min left down by 17 with the playoffs in the future??? That is the most ridiculous fn **** I have ever seen!

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can understand that but after the missed field goal and the taking sacks I would have more respect for the guy who say we can still win this put Charlie in for a let him see if he can get a spark. Be the big enough man to know you are hurting and that the team needs more than you can keep at the moment. 10 points is a small number to overcome if you can get the plays you need in there.

18. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    That sounds like a good route to go as long as its explained to the team. Then it depends on the teams reaction. After watching what we saw tonight, I don't see the team being inspired by anyone at that point. I don't know, maybe it depends on what the teams mindset is, which I can't guess right now.

Maybe I just personally like seeing Ben trying to get himself killed for the team.

19. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    With too much time off, this team doesn't play well, maybe it's a good thing we don't get the bye!

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have played 2 good games all year, that is it. How can this be? Injuries?
    Doesn't GB, NO, have injuries also? we better figure this out quickly, or we will
    get TEBOWED in Denver.

21. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    GB just got beaten by KC ... **** happens in the NFL.

But I agree, as much as it pains me to say, it's time for drastic changes in some areas.
    Oline needs a ton of work, WRs need someone beyond Brown (and possibly Heath) - as much as I love Wallace's speed, he's half the player that Brown is.
    Defense has a few good young guys but they are gathering dust behind the old guys that are too inconsistent - whether that's a lack of hunger or just physical incapability (R Lewis looked pretty bad aswell from what I've heard, guess time is catching up with all the old warhorses on D)

22. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    THE SKY is FALLING! The SKY is FALLING!!!!!

I hate mornings after games like this. The last time I looked at the standings, our team was 10-4. Most of us would have acknowledged that the San Francisco game would be difficult under the best of circumstances. They played poorly, yes. But if it weren't for two very poor throws by BB and a stupid fumble, they played WITH the 49ers. The loss is on Ben - and by association BA (I'm not a fan either.) - but it's not time to start firing the whole coaching staff.

As with all our losses this year, it was a TEAM loss. Ben made some bad decisions, especially playing on a bum leg. The defense couldn't pick up the team and failed to capitalize on the momentum that could have been created by the first field goal drive. Both offense and defense took some very stupid penalties. And yes - the coaching staff failed in many areas as well.

It goes without saying that this was a disappointing loss. However, we're still playing football in January, and should be quite healthy by the first round of the playoffs. If I were a potential opponent, I wouldn't want to face the Steelers. Time step back, absorb the loss and then start waving the terrible towels for yet another season of playoff football.

Would you rather be a Browns fan?

23. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :this!:
    Just relax. Once we saw what SF was all about this year we all knew this game might be a problem. Good teams have bad games from time to time. Did the brothers talk? Sure they did! What did you expect. There is no rule against it and I don't see a problem there. Do we need to fix a few tings? Sure we do, but we have known that for a long, LONG time. Again, just relax and watch what happens next. :towel:

24. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well BA really does need to go, we need a new offensive Philosophy like two seasons ago. And Tomlin I am usually for keeping him and i think he is a smart guy but like previously stated, my biggest concern is lack of motivation and intensity. You see these guys mis-managing the clock and committing BONEHEAD penalties or just other various situations where you wanna see your coach getting fired up on the sideline, or arguing with the refs or just letting his team and fans know he came to play and he is going to fire this team up to FIGHT you on EVERY down... but instead we just get a head nod and him standing in one spot smacking his gum.

Even when the power went out... instead of getting with his team, taking advantage of the down time, you know making adjustments and restrategizing, he just paced around all by himself doing NOTHING. Surely not what you want from a HC of the STEELERS!

25. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You keep bringing this up in various threads. The biggest plays we had last night came out of the passing game and they threw it 44 times because SF has the #1 rushing D in the NFL and hasn't allowed a rushing TD all year so the decision to pass more than run was a no brainer. To help protect Ben they stayed in the shotgun most of the night and attempted many more slant routes and short passes last night than they would with a healthy Ben. You clearly weren't watching the same game I was if you're gonna lay all the blame for last night's debacle at BAs feet.