1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

it's steel early,but your steelers.....

Discussion in 'Smack Talk Central' started by Redskins1, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Redskins1

Redskins1 New Member

May 14, 2016
    Your steelers will be in a fight on monday night...can't wait for that game...a win for my skins will mean more for us then a win for your team...if we can pull out a W against the well respected steelers it would help my teams confidence moving forward....Bring your A game or go home a loser that night....

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome. Your skins confidence will be shattered that Monday night.
    You can beat the stains on Oct 2
    The rats on Oct 9
    and the bungles on Oct 30
    But you ain'ta beatin no STILLERS

• Like Like x 1
  3. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    You're gonna get killed. And, "YOU WON'T LIKE THAT!!"

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How'd this guy get to post in Steelers talk?
    Skin's suck!

5. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This will be a very interesting game for my household as my wife and her entire family are skins fans! Ill be all by myself. Which will make a victory that much sweeter!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My my such spirited fighting talk.

On a serious note however, the 'Skins receiving corps will be quite a test for the young group of defensive backs. Even though he is not as prominent as he once was.. DeShaun Jackson is still a threat; Pierre Garcons the same. Personally, I was hoping for a Josh Docston vs. Artie Burns matchup... but I will have to wait.

Regarding the offensive line, Trent Williams is still a beast and Brandon Scherff as I see it is due for a Pro Bowl and possible all pro season considering how well he played down the stretch. Spencer Long and Kory Litchenstieger are also lineman who are good enough. Granted, who well they will do against Cameron Heyward and Stephon Tuitt will be big deciding factors. The biggest for the Steelers are the EDGE rushers. I believe in Bud Dupree.... I am hoping for Jarvis Jones. How well he plays will also decide the game even if Morgan Moses is not as celebrated as Trent is.

Running backs wise, Ryan Shazier is no doubt a game changer for that. That matchup should not be that big an issue.

Jordan Reed is a matchup issue for sure. I hope Robert Golden is ready. Athleticism is not Golden's strength.

For the Steelers offense vs. the Redskins defense... Josh Norman vs. Antonio Brown is the key matchup. Outside of Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson... there really is no other Cornerback in the league who can stand up to Brown at the moment. Trash talking to Brown is also not going to yield an "Beckham Moment" either.

Three Pro Bowl bound offensive lineman for the Steelers is going to be interesting. Right now Chris Baker and Trent Murphy are the likely starters as the bookends. Ryan Kerrigan and Junior Galette are a good pass rushing duo. I would be worried if this was Alejandro Villanueva in his rookie season at left tackle... but with an offseason and playoff experience under his belt.. him and Gilbert should be more than enough.

Regarding the interior backers.. Perry Riley and Will Compton are good... but taking on Le'Veon Bell is quite difficult to do. Add in Roosevelt Nix and the those concerns stopping the run game skyrocket.

Ultimatley though... consistency is key for both. Personally though... I just believe that Pittsburgh had far too much firepower for anyone in the league to handle at the moment. Defense could very well again be an issue considering there are still too many "ifs" (i.e. if Jarvis Jones improves, if Senquez Golson is ready, etc., etc.) and that secondary is going to have some serious growing pains.

Even so.. I have Pittsburgh winning 34-27 in a high octane shootout.

7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Skins beating the Steelers. Survey Says...

upload_2016-7-13_8-18-40.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    skins suck... which means they have a good chance of winning lol.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    nope. not. no way. ain't gonna happen. stillers roll. :cool:

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Reminds me of all my brothers, 1 an Army Major, the rest Army fans. We all went to the army Navy game one year. Me, a Marine Sergeant Major. They were dogging me till the 1st Navy score. Game ended Navy about a bijillion Army maybe 3. They didn't talk no mess the rest of the trip.
    Drop a hint to your wife that, there are many women on E-harmony who are STILLER fans. When you wake up tell her you were joking. Ha!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

FIFY

13. Guest

Guest Guest

*paints a big 'ol "L" on the OP's forehead.*

Where did he go? Come back! :lolol:

14. Bigg52Hurt

Bigg52Hurt Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    And to think that my Ravens dropped a game to the deadskins at home. Ugh! :facepalm: