1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It's over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Ben has been great. He had a HOF career. It's unfortunately over.

I see zero point in playing Ben, moving forward, even if he gives the Steelers the best chance to win. Ben is absolutely hancuffing this offense forcing Canada to call plays tailored to Ben. At this point, I don't see the difference between a 5-12 season or a 3-14 season. I prefer to see growth not only as units and positions, but as an entire offense under Canada's actual scheme. Canada's offense actually hides the weaknesses of the OLine really well.

What's the most frustrating aspect in all of this is that the Rodney's, Colbert, Tomlin and Canada will continue to trot Ben out there having some kind of hope this will magically turn around. Of course we seen the Steelers have slow starts in the past, but they also had an oline filled with all pros, a legit #1 WR and all pro RB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/its-over.26937/#post-911099

3. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The defense is not good enough with only one real starter on the Dline . If the defense isn't good enough and the offense is terribly bad why continue to do the same thing over and over. Its not like I can see any signs of great coaching, I almost think Tomlin heard Romo's comments about buying Ben time by chipping the DE with a TE.

• Like Like x 1