1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It's gotta be coaching

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    With all the talent on this team and the inconsistent play and weird play calling, these losses this year are at the feet of the coaches. Here's the evidence - Ben uses the no huddle and drives down the field. Sure he throws a bonehead interception, but the offense moves the chains. When Arians calls the shots, lots of puzzling play calls. The end of this game against the Ratbirds was a good example - strange plays on offense force us to punt the ball, then strange defense allows a 92 yard drive. I usually hate the prevent defense, but that would have been the time. No over the top help on multiple plays? Sheesh. Mind-boggling way to lose.

Not defense, not offense, but everyone is to blame for screwing the pooch on this one. :eek!:

2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with you. How they screwed p the last series on offense and end up punting the ball back to the Ratbirds is very dumb. Get one more first down and the game is over. Dumb play calling. Then they ended up punting instead of trying a field goal because of a stupid penalty. They just gave the ball back to the Ratbirds and promptly let them drive down the field 92 yards for the winning TD!!

It was so painful. All I could do was stand there and scream at the TV!!!!

3. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I had my Madden armchair quarterback mode on at the punt - I would have gone for it on 4th down. If Ben doesn't like what he sees, let him drop back and punt it, like he's done before. The defense was too inconsistent on 3rd down to trust them to hold the Ravens up.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

6. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    [/quote]
    The defense was too inconsistent on 3rd down to trust them to hold the Ravens up.[/quote]

^^^^^^^^

The rats converted an UNREAL percentage of 3rd downs....It was sickening to watch!

7. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The defense was too inconsistent on 3rd down to trust them to hold the Ravens up.[/quote]

^^^^^^^^

The rats converted an UNREAL percentage of 3rd downs....It was sickening to watch![/quote]

:this!: And - that's execution on defense - not coaching.

8. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

^^^^^^^^

The rats converted an UNREAL percentage of 3rd downs....It was sickening to watch![/quote]

:this!: And - that's execution on defense - not coaching.[/quote]
    All I can say her is :this!:

Oh, yeah this too: :ratbirds:

New smiley! Gota love our mods on this board!!