1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It's amazing...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PAOK, Jan 22, 2017.

1. PAOK

PAOK Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I'm writing this at 17-9 but f it.

It's amazing. I have never felt like this. I have never felt so little disappointment at a potential loss in an AFCC game and to the cheatriots no less and so little disapointment at the way the defence plays and at the same time feeling so disappointed at the way the O is playing.

I did not expect a superbowl run this year (I'm actually amazed we are in the AFCC) and neither do I expect much from the defense. They are not super talented but for what they have, they try.

On the other hand, taking into account the losses in WR, the offense for me is massively disappointing. Watching Bell and the resurgence of our running game has been fun but ever since we became the Bell team, it's like they threw out the playbook and have stopped working on the passing game and the rest of the offense completely.

For a team that had Ben, Brown and Bell and a GOOD OL, there is no excuse to not be much better than this. The scheme and playcalling is complete garbage. I have never been a Tomlin or Haley hater to be clear. In general, I have liked what Haley has done over the years. But this is simply unacceptable. How does the scheme not produce more open guys? Where the **** is the play action? With Bell it should be most of what we do for passing. We barely run play action at all. We run it LESS than before Bell's dominance. TONS of garbage plays. No screens, no smart playcalling to mix it up at all.

This is simply not good enough. We are not playing good football and it's actually making me less disappointed in losing.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Then you haven't been around long enough we have had some real let downs over the years in the AFCCG.............

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I honestly didn't think we would make it this far so if we lose to NE at home so be it. But it just puts more pressure on from here on out. We need home field advantage moving forward. Going to NE can't happen again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sorry and I'm not usually this blunt, but this is a stupid post.

I'M PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe Ben can get another freaking jersey after the game!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Regardless, this team shouldn't be going out like the bit**es they're looking like.

And while the bell injury pisses me off, he wasn't doing a damn thing while playing. The entire team failed to board the flight out of Pittsburgh

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Tell the truth I didn't think we would make it this far but what I'm seeing now we are not SB team.

I think they need to do a revamp job this off season. We can't defend, score a TD. And the list goes on. But with the Rooney history with coaches we will have the same s..T next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Analyze all we want but the defense has been exposed for what other offenses as of late had failed to capitalize on.

BB out coached us.

We did not execute when the game was close.

Black and Gold forever.
    :steelflag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I didn't expect a super bowl run this year either, so it's been a pleasant surprise, but we played scared tonight and that's pathetic and disheartening.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am sorry but maybe I am in the minority here but I did expect a Super Bowl run. Ben looked in the best shape of his career and I thought if our D could improve we could make a run. I am sorry but this team has to much talent to not think we can make a run at the Super bowl any year. With that said I am so gagged at the defensive game plan. Who the **** made that plan and then never adjusted is beyond me but they need to go plain and simple. You don't rush 3 and play a zone vs brady, you think the 2 times the giants beat the cheats in the super bowl they rushed 3 and ran a zone........no they didn't!!!!!!! I am beyond pissed at this loss right now cause what has worked for the last 9 weeks we went away from. I m sorry but whoever made that decision I want gone cuase they don't have a clue wtf it take to get to the super bowl.

The next thing is as much as I hate to say this Ben is at his end. Yeah he has shown he can play well but that was like 2 -3 quarters since week 15. He played like crap for 3 quarters of the Raven game only to play great in the 4th quarter. The same can be said about the Dolphin game he played great in the 1st quarter then went to ****. He is old and brittle and with the recent lack of production may be time to bring in a guy to learn from him and replace him in the next year or two.

I don't like to post after a loss between the alcohol and the anger things come out that probably should but I also feel this is the time to let it out. Oh well rant over it was a good season and yeah I am sorry to see it end just pissed it ended like this..........

• Like Like x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  12. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I really thought this was our year. It's heartbreaking to lose, especially against the Patriots.

We have a window of 1 or 2 years at most when we can still win with Ben. Odds are, we won't have another QB that's as good for the rest of my lifetime. That's why this one hurts so bad

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I disagree. I think we could beat literally any other team in the NFL in two weeks especially the Falcons. Belichek just has our number and always has. Bad luck for us drawing that matchup.

14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I have a hard time with all of these "I didn't expect us to go to the Super Bowl this year anyway so this loss is no big deal" posts. We were in the AFCCG for crying out loud! Was a freaking competitive game too much to ask for? A loss is never easy to swallow, but we were totally out-classed by the Pats and that's what makes it such a bitter pill!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    It's mind-boggling, in the red zone we should never ever go empty backfield because it makes no sense. Even on two-point conversions, you always want the threat of the run. For this game, it didn't help that the refs cheated us multiple times. What ever happened to the fumble we recovered from Brady??

16. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I fully expected us to be in SB contention. We are loaded folks. Not one team in the playoffs but maybe the cowboys have the player talent we have. The patriots have the best QB and coaching staff in the league. They school teams like us with ease.

If we would not have made it deep in the playoffs I would have been fully on board with firing Tomlin. I'm glad he finally won 2 playoff games cause that 5 year streak was shameful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Not enough weapons on the field today to beat NE as well as poor coaching, a lousy game plan and points left on the board. The writing was on the wall against a lousy KC team last week.

The Steelers need, Ben, Brown, Bell and Bryant on the field, plus a threat TE and a little slot guy like Rogers.

Ladarius Green is a waste of time, and Coates is still very much a WIP who had broken fingers for half the season.

18. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I didnt expect to be where we were tonight. At the half i was a lil upset in our play and game plan, but for some strange reason that all went away. I dont understand it myself. We got our asses handed to us again by pretty boy, and lost our chance at #7. Still I was ok. Im worried about myself now lol

19. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The loses their season were bad collapses.

20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I agree on Ladarius Green. He's done. Hard to play when your brain is scrambled. Besides, Jesse James has played outstanding and people still want to look to Green. I don't get it. We have our TE. His name is Outlaw.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

@Rambro Feel free to post why against the rule.......

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I have said he is on the downside of his career. Been criticized, but so what. What you say is true, he has been beaten over the years, especially the Ariens years. The nagging injuries have caught up to him and I feel he will never be what he was. His pedestrian play this season is cause for concern. How many high throws have we seen? Besides the drops against the cheats I feel he was pedestrian. He is the franchise QB but how come he gets up after the loss and says "I called the plays that were given to me". What? Maybe you need to take charge Ben. Throwing the long ball to a receiver that has 2 broken fingers instead of moving the chains keeping the drive alive keeping the surgeon off the field. The start of the second half and it's a 3 and out? Common. Ben will be the QB for another 2 to 3 years but it's high time to draft the heir apparent. Maybe their is still a sour feeling for Haley.

23. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011

i really hope your like 95 years old than. otherwise if your right its gonna be ugly. i very much remember the qbs they ran out there between Bradshaw and Ben.

24. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Ha! Not quite 95, but old enough to have post traumatic stress from that parade of 80's qb's.

Plus, I figure all these AFCCG's have taken like 10 years off my life!

• Like Like x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Me too! Remember this?:

SOUP MALONE!
    GIVE CAMPBELL A TRY!!