1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Its all about the TEAM

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bob in Canada, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Ben and Juju just get it and hopefully everyone else!

From Ben's press conference yesterday when asked about all the mouth's to feed:

"You look at the win-loss column. Truthfully," said Roethlisberger on Wednesday morning. "At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who is getting the ball. It doesn't matter how many times they are running or throwing it. It doesn't matter who is getting their stats, it's just a matter of if the team is getting that one stat that is most important, and that is a win."

From Juju's press conference:

It’s not about keeping happy. It’s about winning games. If you win games, it goes a long way. If you win the Super Bowl, everyone gets paid”, Smith-Schuster told reporters earlier today. “Like with the Chiefs, everyone’s getting paid. At the end of the day, we know we all support each other, we’re all brothers”.

Keep it going against the Texans!

:herewego!:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Who gets the ball should depend on who is open.

Whom Ben deems open depends on his trust of that player. He’s talked about the need to trust DJ more. Ben used to force the ball to Brown, probably because he didn’t trust the others to make a play. The more trust he has with the entire corps to include WR, TE, and RB the more he’ll spread the ball. Oh and the players need to have the talent and demonstrate it for Ben to trust them.

Third, and perhaps most crucial is the messaging. The most powerful words are from JuJu IMHO. JuJu is being unselfish. Too often we see divas who demand the ball and are upset when someone else makes a play. Stay unselfish and help the team win.

3. Bob in Canada

Nov 1, 2018
    I honestly thought Ben forcing AB the ball was at least partially to try and shut him up which obviously was impossible to do.

Thats why Juju's statement is so great to hear.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Where are the tight ends lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bob in Canada

Nov 1, 2018
    Keeping their mouths shut?? :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe they should block better, then they will get some receptions :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    McDonalds effort on that incompletion was nothing short of pathetic. I'd try and get him the ball early and if he has the same game face as last week he would be benched. If he plays like he has in the past with great effort then I would involve him more as the game sees fit.

Ebron, I'm not worried about except for his blocking skills. He must work on that and show it on game day.

I'd have Gentry ready to step in if Vance's head isn't in the game again. Obviously, that's not much of a security blanket but there's very little options there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I mentioned it before, McDonald is the biggest waste of a helmet this year. Absolutely no effort.

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Nice to hear but sounds like PR talk. The reality is that the better you do and distinguish oneself, the more you get paid. I know this is contrary to those who think players are actually playing for just the love of the game and their team mates. Yes, that is part of it but look at how many leave college early and for what? MONEY. Now players are thinking of themselves and not helping their college teams win bowl games, why? MONEY. And player holdouts, why? You guessed it. I find it a little corny when I hear that professional players don't care what their performance numbers are as long as they win. I believe it was more like that decades ago but not in todays multi million dollar contracts and product sponsorship which would get a player infinitely paid more than winning a SB. JMO

10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    At what point do these cliches end? Just answer relevant questions that pertain to the current game or following game. Enough of the "this is about us" "its about the team" bull****. We know this already.

What I would like is for these pussy ass players and coaches to get on the competition committee to allow mother (bleep) defenses to matter again. Those penalties last week are one of the main reasons the NFL ratings are tanking. Stop talking stupid and give us something enjoyable to watch.

• Like Like x 2