1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Its a rotton shame!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by rocketdog, Jan 21, 2018.

1. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Once more we have to sit home and watch teams play in the championship game knowing that we should of been one of those teams. I'm still pisses me off thinking about how all this played out the last four weeks. It was all right there for us. Its going to be a long off season. SOB's

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I feel you. Everytime I heard an ad for the game talking about "Blake Bortles and the Jacksonville Jaguars" against "Tom Brady and the New England Patriots" I'd get mad all over again. And what's even more infuriating is that not one defensive coach is being held accountable! :frustrated:

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Watched the Steeler Jags game again last night on NFL, Our defense played sooooo bad, worse defensive playoff performance in 40 years and no one held accountable, just not right for this great fan base.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And brady may not play with stitches in his throwing hand, i'm sure the jags will hit his hand every chance they get if he does play.........

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m not watching football til next year

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's playing and he'll probably throw for 400 yards....they pull that BS with injuries all the time. Just another reason to despise them....they gotta be A holes on top of everything else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Let's not forget about last years debacle in the AFCCG....how can you hold anyone accountable when according to reports our HC took over the D.....it's a embarrassing mess this team...

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let it go man!!! Life goes on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah but it's better when your team is still playing. Look at the bright side though.....our staff gets to coach the Pro Bowl, we will clearly be able to pick up some pointers on defense.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    It does suck that the Steelers are not in this game being we have more talent than either the Pats or Jags!I’m a Steeler fan first and a pure football fan second! Saying that,I always look forward to this week as the Super Bowl becomes anti climactic after the two championship games unless we are in it!I like to see what other teams do to with matchups with players we have had problems with and see how successful they were and how we could do something similar with the talent we have!Good example is what the Jags are going to do to neutralize Gronk as you won’t stop him.Of course we don’t have a cornerback as talented as Ramsey if they go with that route but like to see other teams strategies to stop that one person other teams have not succeeded in doing.Then I try to imagine if we have the personal to do something similar!

12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well, at least the ingredients of an upset are there (Brady not 100%). Despite losing to them, I don`t hate the Jags, but I certainly want the Cheats to lose so I will watch the game.

I`m hoping long suffering Philly or Viking fans get their first Lombardi when it`s all over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    The game with no defense at all? That's about right.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm only watching the jags game today to see if Marsha's hand gets stomped on

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe that's the problem ..Butler is learning his things from watching too many pro bowl games. No hitting, soft zone coverage, missed tackles

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I'm a fan of the NFL so what happens before or after games is...

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011

You guys do know I'm kidding right?.....

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Would you rather lose to the Jags? Or get embarrassed by Brady and the Patriots again :shrug:, the way the defense is playing they had no chance.

19. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    On the O the Steelers are more talented but the D is a different story. The talent level at ILB and in the secondary is atrocious.

20. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Going into the Jags game I'm thinking, We are playing at home, we are pretty much 100% healthy for the first time in a long time. The offense is finally scoring some points. All we have to do is stop fournette and make Blake Bortels beat us. Guess what, he did. Blake F'n Bortels. I just threw up in my mouth. How can you not fire anyone coaching the defense? Unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Uh, neither? :shrug:

I do get what you're saying. But have no fear, our defensive coaching staff came through that debacle unscathed and are getting geared up for another huge letdown next season. :facepalm:

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm saying even if the Steelers beat Jacksonville they most likely would've lost to New England again, that's much worse to get over IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I agree with some here, the coaching staff is more responsible for the loss than the players, players not prepared, talked about playing Brady and New England before the Jacksonville game, made some bad decisions during the game, the whole team seemed rusty for the first quarter or so, and the big decision not to change s any of the defensive coaching staff if beyond me, that loss was a real head scractcher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Thank the head coach for not having the team prepared and setting the tone that insulted and fired up the Jags. The Steelers were not properly focused and the fault lies at the feet of the head coach. Just not all that wise. It truly is a shame.

25. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Dolphins should let the Jags borrow Suh for just this game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1