1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It looks like Jags to remain our Daddy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Mar 16, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well your right he didn't sign but the Steelers tagged him and he is listed on on roster and salary cap so I guess while he didn't sign he is still tagged which is what the Steelers did. Still part of the Steelers offseason moves!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    You said the Steelers have been the winningest team since 93.. what are you judging that off? Because NE has been to and won more sbs since 93 so I'm trying to figure out your standard.

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And I'm not just talking about Pittsburgh smart guy I'm talking about nfl free agency as a WHOLE. Look at how many players leave better winning situations for money. That's guys primary concern these days. And you're missing my point. I honestly appluad guys for going after the money it' nothing wrong with that but my point is you have to adjust to what the landscape of the nfl is now. And BB and Brady are the main reasons ne win but they aren't the ONLY REASONS. And the franchise tag also has helped as well because I believe if not for the franchise tag we wouldn't have Leveon right now...

4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    He wasn’t asked by an ex Steeler who was a friend of his.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Regardless of who asked bill that he isn't going to comment about any team months before they even play them. He won't even most of the time disclose info about his OWN TEAM.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So what. Who cares what BB is doing or how he does it.? You want a Patriots clone team? You're never going to be a champion copycatting someone. Outsmarting them is the thing to do.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not being a wise ass but there is a edit feature if there is something you wish to add to your posts afterwards. You dont have to keep quoting the same post.

You know what the standard is because you tried to discredit it my making inaccurate statements about the inception of FA and the cap. Now that that didnt work, you want to change the standard of what is considered winning? Sorry but its not my standard but its called winning percentage, wins and losses.

Your standard of winning a SB or bust doesnt apply, its just your own personal opinion and thats fine.

Im not just talking about Pittsburgh either, they were certainly the worst but if you dont think there was alot of player movement during FA in the 90's, you're wrong. There was no loyalty, only money, and the team that offered the most, got the FA. Same as today.

BB and TB are the single biggest reason they continue to win, trying to point to their FA moves as some way to back up your argument is faulty. Year in and year out there are teams like the Jags that make tons of FA moves and do squat.

Lev is a FA, they tagged him, thats a huge 14.5 million FA move, yes. Pittsburgh is good at trying to retain their star players, they prefer investing big money for known quantities than throwing tons of money at an outsider. How many times do you see a FA get a huge deal from a new team only to fall flat?

I dont understand why fans question the Steelers M.O. Youd think we were the Browns.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Funny thing is, those are exactly the type of players the Steelers go after. One of them they actually did sign.

9. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I really don’t care about “Bill”. Bill isn’t how I measure coaching success. You’re “Bill” wouldn’t need to talk about another team, he is too busy taping their practice. The Eagles Ran through a fake practice and screwed the movies up. If you are inspired by cheating “Bill” then that is who you should root for. I’d rather not win if it means going through the humiliation of being punished for cheating. The NFL should have stripped them of their championship just like the NCAA does. If Tomlin looked ahead then he was wrong, just don’t compare him to that ba$tard.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That was just idiocy by tomlin and it reflected by how badly the team played vs jax.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So like i said before last season, Peyton manning was the winningest qb in nfl history. Also so by your logic a team with a better record has had a better season than a team with a worse record that won the sb in that respective year and lol learn how to read I refuted your so called FA argument AGAIN. And funny how you keep comparing what teams did years ago till now. Name a recent sb champ in this decade that has won a sb by strictly building off the draft. I'll wait. And lol funny how NE went A DECADE without winning a sb till they brought in a hall of famer like darelle revis. They also in all those years brought in people from free agency when they won in the early 2000s. It's mainly belichick and not just Brady when the one game Brady's defense couldn't stop anyone guess what happened? He LOST. And the years they had very good defenses it didn't come from all drafting. Try again. I know what the standard USED TO BE. But not anymore. Plus you forget the pats went 11-5 witout brady. Of course he takes them a level above but they could still have been a good team because of how belichick BUILDS AND COACHES the team.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Bill isn't the only standard. Pederson is about to become the standard.

13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    If the jags are our daddy, then exactly what does that make the pats

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Another post said the Pats were our daddy. It would appear our parents are gay.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Possibly, we will see how he does with his roster depleted. They were 8 million over cap after the season and had to make some serious cuts. Time always tells, Tomlin has put together a strong performance Over the last 10 years, his winning record, playoff appearances and championship should be a goal for Pederson, and he would be the first to say that. The Steelers have been depleted because they have achieved consistent success and that causes us to miss top players in the draft. We will be good this year as well, it is expected. We don’t tank.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dude just admit it you're really a Eagles fan :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Our Granddaddy?

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You're very incoherent, hard to follow what you write. So much of what you just said makes zero sense and doest pertain to what we are discussing. You havent refuted anything. You showed how little you know by trying to claim FA and the cap wanst around in the 90's. Try again.

Since you have a penchant to go all over the place when you debate, I'll try to clean it up for you.

The gist of all this is you said the Steeler way doesnt work. Thats false. Their winning percentage over the last 3 decades proves that. Peyton Manning has nothing to do with that, its an illogical comparison. We're talking about how a franchise approaches building a team, wtf does a QB's individual performance have to do with that??? Try to stay on topic.

And we are discussing a much bigger sample size then one year. So obviously a team with a worse record that went on to win the SB is the better team that year but over the last 3 decades:

Eagles
    Record 252-194-2
    16 Playoff Appearances
    5 wc games
    4 div games
    4 conf games
    2 SB games
    1 SB victory

Steelers
    Record 281-166-1
    19 Playoff Appearances
    4 wc games
    6 div games
    5 conf games
    4 SB games
    2 SB victories

So you tell me, who is the more successful franchise? I'll wait. Notice the highlighted bolded red area since that seems to be your only measuring stick for success. Oopise.

By the way, your NE example is silly since I said that the only team the Steelers are looking up at since 2000 is NE and trying to credit their overall success to anything other than BB and TB is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Yea, I get it, just saying technically he has not signed.

20. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Blast, if you take him at his word he is still a high school student, so that could explain the disjointed flow of non sequiturs, but that is IF you buy his story. I'm not sure I do as he pulls out references that are a lot older than someone who was born in 2000 or later. What kid studies football history that happened before he was born? Almost no one.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats great :lolol:

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m starting to figure out why a particular someone couldn’t find anything better to be doing on a Saturday night, let alone Saint Patrick’s day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    A bit of a generalisation there...

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They made cuts AND made moves. Only loss I see effecting them is losing Robinson but they have an elite safety in jenkins so I think they could plug in a rookie at corner. Don't get me wrong tomlin is a GOOD(not great) coach but I believe he's overrated in a lot of aspects and I feel this roster has vastly underachidved even though the defense sucks this offense should have been Philly like and just completely dominate to where we only needed the Def to make a play game for us.

25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No. Just in awe of how they beat ne with replacing a guy who was the best player in the nfl this yr at the most important position.