1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It Hurts Worse the Day After

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelsax, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    For some reason, last nights loss hurts even worse today. Sometimes I wish I could detach from my fandom of the Steelers. But I can't and never will. I still have hope for this season, even if it's just a glimmer, it's hope nonetheless.

Hurting in Ohio

2. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    it was a great game that came down to the wire like most Steeler Raven games do.

the Steelers had their chances. the defense seems to be back to their bend but dont break ways. just giving up field goals and the offense has played much better since going to the no huddle.

im still not sure why they arent going with it more though. they barely ran it in the 1st half.

that loss definetly hurts, but its not over just yet. 4 games left and they still have a shot. not giving up yet.

3. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Love these posts "down but not out".

Great at game lastnight, but the outcome not so good. I still believe steelers make a run with more important games to come..... To be continued!

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ravens still play at Detroit and Cinci, and at home vs. the Pats. We can still get tiebreakers over them if we win out. It's a long way from over.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    After the start to this season, I was resigned to another 8-8 season so a possible 9-7 is a bonus.

6. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Going to the no huddle is more difficult on the road. The experience factor on the Oline is a detriment. The the play selection is limited and they can only run a certain number of plays out of the no huddle before the defense catches on to the plays and verbiage.

7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Like so many games over the last two seasons, this is how the scenario played out last night:
    We dug a deep (double digit) hole early.
    We jumped in.
    We suddenly realized we were in a hole.
    We started scratching.
    We clawed.
    We've got dirt under our fingernails to prove it.
    We finally reached the top of the hole.
    We had our head and most of our body out of the hole.
    And then, just when it looked like we had completely extricated ourselves from the hole we were in...
    we fell backward into the hole we'd dug early, landing with a thud (aka as a low percentage pass to Manny "drops" Sanders on the two point play)! THE END!!

This has become an all too familiar scenario in several games this season and is, in fact, a microcosm of our season!

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    A guy called in last night on Cooler Talk and said that he felt Sanders was a snapshot of the Steelers this year. He's got a few good plays in him and makes things interesting and then when it's all on the line he lets you down by not being fully prepared and failing to realize the magnitude of the situation.

9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If both Bal and Pit both finish 9-7, the Steelers WILL win the tiebreaker. Either on Div Record (Pit 4-2 v. Bal 3-3) if the Bal lose is to Cincy, or on Commom Opponents (Pit 9-5 v. Bal 8-6) if the Balt loss is to anyone besides Cincy.

Not that I have great confidence that Pgh wins their final 4.

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    While still upset, my spirits were lifted momentarily when I thought this was a euphemism.

11. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    I feel what your saying man. This loss really had an effect on me....worse than the others. I don't wann watch sports center, NFL Network, and after all the trash I talked with family and friends....I will not even attemp to look at my FB page. This loss brought back memeries of 2011. Please forgive me but this seson is OVER man. I'll continue to watch but I will not exspect nothin. The Green Bay game is gonn sum up our season. We will get crushed!

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, woke up this morning and after a few seconds remembered we lost, hurt all over again. Worse still, seriously got banged up last night, thank goodness they have 10 days off, going to need every bit of it. 9-7 is still possible but not if those guys are out indefinitely.

13. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    It hurts. But at least there's a James Bond movie marathon all day today on SyFy channel. :thumbs_up:

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    "It hurts worse the day after."

---That's what she said. :eek:

15. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I can't believe it went there. :lolol:

16. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

Same here. After that 0-4 start and in the "Clooney Sweepstakes" I'm just happy that we can finish at .500

17. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    George Clooney is available in next years draft?
    I say tank the season and make the pick. :lolol:

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He's too old!

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Are you Michael Scott?

20. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, it hurts to be a Steeler fan this year, but at least we shut up the local Clown`s fan`s around here last week! :)...
    I didn`t exactly EXPECT a win ovr Balt last nite, but, I was hopeful...
    Then, they didn`t score at all in the first half...
    I was pissed off, but still hopeful... then...
    Damnit, "this close"... again!
    I`ll keep rooting for my team. They did fight hard, just not enuff to get the job done.
    I doubt we make the playoffs, but I`ll still be hopin, and prayin...
    We are NOT mathematically eliminated from the playoff race, yet, but a win last night wudda helped a bunch!
    And when I woke up, and looked at our injuries, during that game, OUCH...
    Not gonna be easy, but, we still have Ben and Heath, Troy, and a snowball`s chance in Hell...
    I`ve seen it snow in Ohio, in May, so that snowball has an outside chance!

21. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hate it when they lose, but honestly, I didn't expect them to win this game. The rats play tough in Baltimore. We're not good enough to sweep them this year. We already beat them once. As such, I'm okay today. I expect the Rats to play down to the Vikings and we'll be tied next week.

22. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    we win rest of AFC games all we need to do is tie....titans worry me more than the ravens right now

23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Actually I don't feal as bad today. Thought we came slow and too conservative but we made a game of it and played hard in the second half.

It felt good to see life in the team in the second half. I felt worse watching them loose to the Titans, Raiders, Vikings, and this past preseason when it looked like they were flat, with lack of discipline, unprepared, and little game planning and no good offensive line play. We had good effort in the second half.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    For me losing to the rats is literally the worst possible feeling to experience as a Steeler fan. I despise them on a level that is almost indescribable. I was actually telling people early in the year that if we were gonna go 2-14 and got to pick the games we could win I would pick the stupid rats from now to eternity.

25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Why do we ALWAYS seem to dig ourselves a hole that we have to claw our way out of in EVERY game??!! Can we at least LOOK like we've come to play in the first quarter of a game this year??!!