1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It’s official

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Dec 8, 2019.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    FMSI!!!! Shula too!

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No losing seasons is where Tomlin tops Cowher. But Cowher has more playoff wins. I think I'd take the playoff wins and an occasional losing season over no losing seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steeler dane.

EASILY, several more wins if not for bone-headed blunders by players named other than Mason during his tenure as the starter. I know, I know, iffa, couldof, wouldof, shouldof, etc. That is reality though. One play I can think of for each of several games that resulted in losses. Easily (again here, no caps this time) and we are actually fighting for first place in the division if not in first place. I appreciate the extra effort by those players but sometimes you have to take what you got, get down, and move onto the next play to keep the drive going. How many times have we heard that games are often decided by a play or two. That applies to what I am talking about here. Very disheartening. On the bright side, as I like to say: "We are still Significant".

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I did. On this board I predicted we would be 12-4 after the rats game. Clearly I was wrong, but 11-5 would be awesome.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That Magic 8 Ball was a wise investment Strummer but possibly needs a minor realignment. ;)

6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey steelersrule6.

Keep it "cool" my friend. As I have stated to you in the past, I know, and respect, your passion for Tomlin. I am not the biggest Tomlin supporter, however this is quite the accomplishment. One of my favorite words around here is "Significant". And yes every season Tomlin has kept us "Significant" during his tenure. I am pretty sure he appreciates your support as well as the others here on the Board.

Now, if we can keep the Steeler train rolling all the way to winning the Super Bowl. Not just to get there but to win it. I am serious. Why not? The "D" is playing lights out. If we can get all of our "O" weapons back and healthy as well as figuring out once and for all on how to utilize the TEs. If those things continue/happen it comes down to the QB play. Easier said than done. I know but hey why not?!

Once again, I am serious. Take care.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Michael Kay sports talk show crew here in New York was fawning over Tomlin this afternoon. They were going on about the head cases he has dealt with and how this year’s team is overachieving. After 10 minutes, one of the three guys briefly mentioned the possibility that he may enable guys like Bell and Brown, but then they went right back to slamming Tomlin’s critics and saying some team should lure him away with a huge contract. I get the impression that outside Pittsburgh, Tomlin gets a lot more respect than he does from Steelers fans.