1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Tomlin just plain lazy?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Arch Stanton, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I have a theory, and I could be wrong, but my gut tells me that Mike Tomlin is a very lazy head coach. Can anyone picture Tomlin staying up to 3:00am watching tape like Bill Bilichick? I'd bet my life he never does. How much time and effort does Tomlin actually put into preparing his team and coaching staff to win football games? I have a feeling probably less than any other coach in the NFL. Also, just watch him on the sideline, he barely moves. It's like he's trying to save as much of his energy as possible :lolol:

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I doubt he's lazy, he's just over his head when it comes to the tactics of football. It's well known he's not a tactician. He's a cheerleader. Guys love him, but love doesn't win football games

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    3 playoff wins in 12 years. Matt Moore, Alex Smith and AJ McCarron were the opposing QBs. 12 years. 3 playoff wins.

Even in the last 12 years of Chuck Noll's career with the crappiest teams he had in the 80s won more than 3 playoff games in that time span.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I don't even think he's a good cheerleader. Hell, Pete Carroll is old enough to be Tomlin's father, yet he shows way more energy and emotion on the sideline

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Thread of the year OP :facepalm:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If Belichick is staying up until 3:00am watching tape, then why are the Patriots 2-10 this season :shrug:?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Lack of talent on the field. It sure isn't because of lack of effort on his part. I can't say I have the same feeling when it comes to Tomlin

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    News flash: Belichick is the GM he's responsible for the lack of talent on the field, they have been shutout twice this season :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Well, you got me there :lolol:

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug"-Rick James

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I think being a HC and GM is too much for anyone to take on, he should do one or the other

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I don't think he's lazy.. he just outright sucks and this rooney ownership ain't your daddys rooney owners. Keep hanging your hat on not having a losing season. I also love that everyone thinks he'd have a job the next minute after being let go. I'm here to challenge anyone to a bet. Coach T will never win another playoff game as head coach in the NFL the rest of his career. The only caviot I can see if he takes over a ready to win now team... if he has any hand in the coaching staff for offense or defense then he won't win a dam thing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    No he’s just plain stupid and stubborn and no one cares what he says cause they hate him

14. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I've said the same thing. Tomlin's phone wouldn't be blowing up with HC offers if he was to leave the Steelers. Only a perennial loser like the Bears or Panthers would hire him

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  15. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Tomlin is the GOAT of “Barry Switzer” coach-types.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Tomlin is a fraud in my opinion. He is all bluff and no stuff. Performances and losses like this today should make the Rooney’s and management realize more and more how it’s finally time to move on from Tomlin once and for all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The biggest problem for Belichick this year is not Belichick the head coach but this is Belichick the GM....This is just a no name lineup they have at this point.I still think that Belichick is a good coach,even right now,but he became a poor GM in the last several years

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

I don't believe he's lazy

I feel he's arrogant, not flexible, stuck on his ways n they need a changing

IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Ben Johnson will be the top canadiate this off season and everything looks like he's gonna get the Carolina job.

The Steelers could shop Tomlin for amazing capital and hire a young stud who resurrected Jared Goffs career and someone Pickett would desperately need to see if he has a chance to get better.

Unfortunate ownership isn't thinking about these choices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MattCanada

MattCanada Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2022
    Did Mike tomlin talk like he talks during press conferences before he was a head coach ? I bet he didn’t and it’s all a act, some type of persona he has created for himself like playing a character , if he talked like that prior to being a head coach then there is something even more weird about him lol

21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Because he ran that team into the ground personnel wise. They have no talent. He can scheme all he wants but if his players are garbage, it doesn't matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I met someone once that played for Tomlin in Minnesota. Take this with a grain of salt because I don't know this guy personally at all, so he could be full of it.... But he said he hated Mike Tomlin as a person. Essentially that he put on a persona all the time that wasn't genuine, and he would chase around all the attractive media women and female trainers despite being married. Essentially that he was fake and douchey.

So, apparently this was going on prior to Pittsburgh?

23. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    I’m surprised you even can recall who those QB’s are that Tomlin beat. Easily forgettable. Ken stabler, Dan Pastorini, Bert Jones, no one who watched the Steelers back then forgets those names…

24. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I haven't liked Tomlin ever since he tried to trip that guy on the sideline. I knew he was a douche of a person right then and there

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Yeah, Omar Epps is a great actor :lolol: