1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Timmons is the invisible man?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DDinAZsteel1, Dec 9, 2011.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not playing #1 draft pick ball.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This is my opinion too...he got signed to "game changer" money. He has similar contracts to Willis, Beason, and Urlacher money. He is a good player, but he does not compare to what those 3 guys mean to their respective defenses.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good player, but he shouldn't have gotten the big pay day until 2 or 3 years from now when he has really earned it.

I think Steelers overpaid for him because they were in a bind with Farrior losing a step and no young proven back up yet. They needed to keep at least one MLB around. That is Colbert's fault for not finding a young MLB soon enough before Timmons contract came up.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I disagree. Timmons may have been less than impressive this year, last season he was showing signs of real development into a quality game changer. This season hasn't been as good for him. Maybe it's that he's got the contract now. Maybe it's more issues with the defensive corps (nobody is having a particularly singualrly impressive year this year - though as long as we're still playing well I don't mind). But to write him off like this is jumping the gun.