1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Timmons completely healthy?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pjgruden, Nov 8, 2015.

1. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I was at the game today. If seeemd like Timmons was always a step behind when he was in coverage. Does anyone know if his turf toe is actually healed? Or, has he lost some of his speed already? I'm not saying Timmons is a bad player, just that he doesn't seem to be as quick to me as he has been in years past.

2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Difficult for any LB to cover Wrs running down the field.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah.... I'm guessing that Timmons manning up on Crabtree going vertical was not how KB drew up the coverage. I can't be sure which DB blew a deep assignment, but in the one replay that they showed it looked like Cover 1, and Allen was the deep guy. It looked like Allen overcommitted to the other side of the field. I'd have to rewatch the play again to be sure.

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    unfortunately I don't think there was much we could do about that play. They had a good call on us for the Defense we had called, and Carr made a hell of a throw too. He found the soft spot in our cover 2 and exploited it. Good play.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He was actually throwing that up as he was ducking from the blitz.....Good throw by him.

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Allen didn't have a very good cover day. Can we go back to Golden?

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Really, at this stage of the season, I doubt that ANYbody is "completely healthy". I did think that during the game sometimes he looked a little slow getting up though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Its never good when a LB is covering a WR, especially of Crabtree's caliber,
    I wish the bye was this week!!!!!!

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Personally i'm more worried about the play of Shazier. Yesterday not so good.

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Timmons is fine. They ran a blitz which didn't get to Carr, he saw the coverage with a Timmons and Crabtree and made them pay. Hats off to Carr, he made a great read.

11. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    You know, I don't even know the Crabtree play everyone is referring to. I was more talking about when Roberts was lined up in the slot. I knew it was coming as soon as I saw the alignment and Timmons just couldn't keep up with him either. Then again, Roberts runs a 4.4, Timmons runs a 4.6. I guess it doesn't take much.
    And as for Crabtree, he might be fast, but he has to catch the ball. He seemed to have a LOT of drops yesterday.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    no he's not and i've been saying this all year. not near as fast as in the past. the toe has to be hindering him some. elvis, i think it may be how butler drew it up too. we have seen this quite often this year with LT matched up on WR's down field. blitzing the safety leads to these match up's. i think it's more a personnel grouping during these plays that lead to it. :cool:

13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I will never understand why Timmons is put in that situation in covering a wide receiver, especially when we have a faster middle linebacker in Shazier. Although they both had a lousy game yesterday even in run support. Just looks like they continue not to be able to get away from blocks and then take bad angles. Shazier hasn't seem right since he came back from his injury.

14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    And a perfect throw. It was a thing of beauty. The Carr kid is gonna be a good one.

15. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    He looked like he was still dealing with the shoulder yesterday. At least it was on his mind enough that he wasn't going full bore at people. But maybe that's what got him hurt in the first place.

16. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Those mid-range seam routes have been killer against us this year.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is why I don't care for Ohio State players, (especially in the NFL)they never come to
    play week in week out. This one is for Mac daddyo :smiley1:

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    That's because they play in a weak conference where their players can build up their stats especially in their first 4 games every year against really weak teams that is little more than 4 bye weeks, their stats look good on draft day, but once they get in the NFL they find out they aren't as good as their stats said they were....:facepalm:

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Both are horrible ... We need to get a CB back there , we need guys who can cover . Problem is I don't think we have one to put back there..

I swear I think they should try a WR . The Wr should know the routes they should be able to break on the ball, they should be able to jump and leap and fight for the ball ....

As bad as our Safety play is what could it hurt to try DHB, Coates, or maybe even Murphy back there ....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    Could imagine H Ward roaming back there...whoa

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think I can agree with your assessment here and would love to hear how you back that up. I'm sure you can quote me some isolated instances but I can do the same with any conference. I realize some people favor once conference over another and sometimes speak out of their hindquarters because of that (not necessarily saying this is you just generalizing). I think to be fair you would have to analyze each team in each conference looking at their strength of schedule, how that played out over the season and where they fell in rankings throughout the season. I mean if I really want to counter what you said I would argue that the Big 10 is such a tough conference that all the teams beat up on each other and make it difficult for players/teams to survive the season. Now is that any more legit than what you said? Sorry for the rant just get a little tired of hearing this kind of nonsense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you mean the conference that won the national championship over the SEC and PAC 12? maybe you should check out the other strong conferences and see the cupcakes they also play during the year. :smiley1::cool:

23. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I mean, if we could play DBH at every position we literally would be 19-0 Super Bowl Champions, outscoring opponents by 60 points each game. DBH is just that good.

• Like Like x 1
  24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I bet he is better than a lot of our DB'S . Heck I am 42 and I am better than them . Was simply a why not think outside the box and get some speed and leaping ability at the position. Is it your stance that DHB does not have that ?

Is it your stance that any of our DB'S have more of those skills than DHB ? If so name them ..Vertical and 40 time ? Let's see how they stack up.....

25. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    With your logic, why has Calvin Johnson never started at CB for the Lions?

• Like Like x 1