1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Timmons as bad as he looks or just misused?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Dec 24, 2011.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's having a down year compared to last year. he should stay inside and be used less in the pass defense game (coverage) because of the fact that he is our best blitzing lb up the gut, and sideline to sideline against the run. they have tried to make him to much of a coverage guy. just not his strong suite. he's not a bonafied olb in this 3-4 defense either. nor was he meant to be. he has played his best football of the year the last 3 weeks though. his tackle numbers were down this year, not because of his talent ,just what they were asking him to do as an ilb. i'm not even talking about his few games as the olb when guys were injured or suspended. he's far better when we use him as a kendrell bell type guy. he's also not what farrior was in his heyday as a pass coverage guy. thats what they were trying to do with him. we need him doing what he's best at. i do agree with the poster saying move 92 inside. i'd love to see he and timmons as the ilb and woodley, worilds and carter as the olb with carter coming in to spell one or the other. fresh legs. the middle of the field would be a no man land with these two in there, not to mention them coming up the middle into the qb's face on blitzes. the qb's would have to wear depends. they would literally chit themselves. :popcorn: :cool:

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I personally have never been impressed by Timmons. I've been a much bigger lamarr fan. I just think Timmons hasn't been able to adjust to the 3-4.