1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this now a defensive team again?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LambertsDentist, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We'll know what we are after the 1st game. Then you can start labeling accurately.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree what we are seeing in this years instalment is a very different looking team both on offence but more so on defence. Offence is more about addition by subtraction. This defense is much faster and really looking good at least in preseason. All the pieces are in place and listening Ben talk about his love of the game being restored and players commenting that Ben has fire in his eyes is good enough for me.

I have a renewed faith in this team and I expect a very good season and a good run in the playoffs. As for SB 54 I sincerely hope so and if they stay strong and play mistake free football and never give up its a distinct possibility.

3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think with both Haden and Nelson being the starting corners and adding Bush and Barron to the linebacking core that alone is going to make this defense so much better and will probably allow them to win one or two more games that they lost last year. I don’t see as many big plays being given up this year at the end of games in critical situations.

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Age well, this thread did not.

:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1