1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Tuitt injury our most significant ???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 15, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben’s a tough SOB I’m sure he played with a sore elbow quite a few times. I’m pretty sure no one thought it was more than that or a simple MRI would of been in order. Most likely he went into the Seattle game thinking it was nothing more than another sore elbow. I don’t think he would of been trying to play through it and throwing the ball at will if there was the possibility he was playing with a damaged ligament. We didn’t hear of a MRI being done. I’m sure we would have. I’m sure Ben figured it was just another Sunday with a sore elbow. Nothing a couple 50yd completions couldn’t fix....

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben only knows one speed; balls out (mechanical term). He doesn't know how to dial it back. To go out there knowing of a torn ligament (partially, sprained or otherwise) in his throwing arm isn't something Ben or the organization would do.(imo)

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Like I said, I doubt we ever will hear any more about that sore elbow after the Patriots game, but it sure seems likely that it was the beginning of torn ligament that ended his season. It happens to pitchers quite a bit. They feel forearm tightness as a warning sign that a ligament tear is coming.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Unless they did an MRI after the New England game and before the one against Seattle, there is no way to know that there wasn't a tear. It sure would be a hell of a coincidence if he had a sore elbow after the New England game it didn't have anything to do with the tear that ended his season a week later.

5. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Pro Football Focus is a joke...

[​IMG]

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm not completely surprised, I've found PFF's stats to be wrong more than once.

7. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Cajun.

I am not sure.

Yes, the popular answer would be the QB. I am probably leaning towards Ben as I write. However, Tuitt did seem to becoming into his own and his pre-draft hype. If he stayed healthy, and was a difference-maker in game outcomes, in comparison to what a QB does to change a game then maybe Tuitt is the more significant injury. However, Steelers' history in part does show us the importance of the QB vs. the "D". Just look at all of the great Cowher teams and their great defenses. However, it was not until the coming of Ben did we finally get over the hump.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Cowher was old old school. He didn't like the pass.

9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Yes, good thing that management over-rode Cowher's draft preference that year. Who, I believe was the Tackle, Shawn Andrews, out of Arkansas. Whew!

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I just don't see how you don't see Ben as the most significant. I've been away from them for most of the season but geez a franchise QB is way more important than a DL. Especially since the D has performed and the O hasn't. What would you rather have in these last few games.....a franchise QB or a rotational DL? Tuitt was killin it but damn, the offense looks like zombies in line for butter at the state welfare line.

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    This post didn't age well, With the Rudolph playing well part

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Looks like Brady has an elbow issue, reports claim he has tennis elbow:

The New England Patriots released their injury report for Sunday’s game against the Cowboys late on Friday night. One name on the report stood out: Tom Brady.

Brady is listed as “questionable” for Sunday’s game against the Cowboys with elbow soreness.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Patriots are notorious for overloading their injury list with minor ailments. If I remember correctly, they once listed Brady as probably with a shoulder injury for an entire season.