1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the talent on this team overrated -- mainly by fans?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AFan, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Might as well go 4-3 you are not going to find a 2nd ILB worth a darn in the offseason.

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At the moment, we are like the Chargers when Fouts, Joiner, Muncie etc. were there. Capable of putting up 50 points on anyone and capable of giving up 50 points to anyone. It can be fun to watch but it's not a Super Bowl winning formula to have the talent so lopsided to one side

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Bro, only thing wrong with O is when Haley calls the plays

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    U would have to pull off a huge deal to get to aroind 10 if he last that long. I am telling u. Once he gets in front of these people they will be all over him

5. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    agree----------- How many games do you people think this team would lose if bellichik was coach? I could guarantee you they would not do a sweeep on 4th and an inch or a 15 yd sland on a 4th an in. Most talent on offense hands down and kind of proved it. Defense was a disgrace. forget about mitchell and how bad he is, where was tuit and heyward yesterday?

6. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Great analogy ------ They have to do what denver did a few years ago. Hey we have great defense but need a qback. They got manning. We need to go get 2 stud defensive players. You can not waist another year with this offensive talent. I do not care if you have to trade all your draft picks away. Do something......

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    This Defense sucks real bad. I saw the jags line up. Saw 27 on the left side and I knew he was going to take 3 steps to the left and the best QB in Pittsburgh that day was going to float a soft one to him. That happened and 27 ran for 13 yards. I saw it coming why did the D not? Saw many plays I knew what was coming but the D, didn't. I been a Tomlin supporter all along. Tomlin, Hayley and Butler, need to go. Bring in Joe **** the ragman and let him try and learn to fix it in 2 to 3 years. Tomlin's leadership is as effective as a popcorn FART in a windstorm.
    How many times this year have we seen 25-23-and 38 make a stop on 3rd down then give them a 1st down by prancing around? How many times we see them stop a guy after 11 yards on 1st n 10 then get up beating their chest woofing at the guy? Never going to win like that. AND 13-3 means nothing when you get run off your own field.
    Also two 4th downs when Ben could lean forward?? Call a pass play. I agree with the 2 - 4th n long we decided to try as pass plays, don't think we had a choice. Also if all you try is run bell up the middle on 4th and 1. That will not work either. How many short yard TD have we seen Bettis run in? He ran on a slant between the guard and tackle

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The Defense has been grossly overrated and has terrified me all season. I don't think Tuitt was ever right after the injury 5 minutes into the season. Burns and Davis aren't progressing like I hoped and we will start next season with nothing from three straight first round picks: Jones, Shazier, Dupree (Bud will be here but doesn't do much). Mitchell is horrible. We have one good player at each level, Heyward, Watt, and Haden, and a bunch of meh everywhere else... and those three guys were all absent yesterday.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

... People still believe this?

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Does not help if the teams best assest is constantly being double teamed in Cameron Heyward.

What is worse? Does not help if Tuitt is not obtaining penetration and causing disruption.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:laughing:

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They don't have the pieces to move up, they are already without a 4th rd pick from the McDonald trade.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You might find one in the draft :shrug:

14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It would have to involve picks next year and i hate doing that