1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Martavis wasted as the outside #2 receiver?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    On that 4th down play TD, Martavis wasn't lined up on the outside he was in the slot.

That was the Martavis we have been missing all season.

He made a name for himself as a rookie doing those same things in the slot and not on the outside?

2. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    If nothing else, he’s made it through an entire season drug free and raised his stock in case we’d want to use him in a trade. He surely won’t stick around after next year.

3. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    He stepped up big after being benched (or even not dressed).
    Produced. Never complained publicly agained. Stepped up when needed. And, yes, stayed clean.

IMHO, his trade value should still be low (he has 2 strikeouts, and is one away from being banned for life). I'd sign him to an extension if possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    If he can keep his act clean, keep his head in the game, and show the flashes that he showed down the stretch this season - he's a weapon we need. I just have my doubts about all 3 of those conditions being met. Hope he proves everyone wrong.

5. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    We misused Bryant all season. He can be a #1 on most other teams. They fell in love with Juju and understandably so, but they should of utilized him way more.

I understood his frustration. I don’t condone his comments, but I understand them.

Hopefully we’ll use him better next year. It sucks it’s always next year. I’m starting to feel like the way Redsox or Cubs fans from baseball use to feel. Well there’s always next year. Way to much talent to have that thought process. I don’t even know what to expect next year.